Pleasure Island Marina Re-opens

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Pleasure Island Marina Re-opens

Post by scot »

Finally, 8 years after RITA the new $9M marine on Pleasure Island in Port Arthur, Texas has opened. The marina was originally wood piling and 2x12's but the new one is floating concrete piers and steel pilings.. very nice. Should do very well in future storms. All slips have shore power & water. The marina is comparable to anything in the Clear Lake area, but unfortunately without the local restaurants!

If any of you guys near the upper Texas Gulf coast are looking for a nice place to keep your boat, check it out. The Gulf is a 20 mile run across Lake Sabine and down the Sabine-Neches ship channel. The ship channel also crosses the intercostal waterway (the ditch) in Port Arthur so access to anywhere can be accomplished in sheltered waters.

Glad to see it back in business! Now I have a really nice place to keep the boat once complete. Sort of took the wind outta my sails to finish the boat with no place close to keep it in! Time to get back to work.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
John F.

Re: Pleasure Island Marina Re-opens

Post by John F. »

Scot-

You haven't shared pictures of your B25 in awhile. Any progress? Single diesel with a prop tunnel, right?

John
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
scot

Post by scot »

Yes, single diesel and prop pocket. No pics lately, not much time in the past year or so with family medical issues, extra houses to maintain and sell. In other words the not so fun parts of life have been in the way! Now that the marina is open again I will get back to work.

Hopefully I will have some decent progress by summers end and I'll share a few pics.
Scot
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Scott,
How much are the slips there per month?
Call me when you're ready to go fishing.
John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
scot

Post by scot »

John,

I haven't priced them yet, but I hope to need one next summer. My guess based on conversations with the folks managing the marine would be $220-$275 per/month. If they manage it the way it was managed, it will be by month-to-month with no long term commitment. Each slip has new shore power, water, etc. Next time I am in that area I will drop in and ask about the rates.

BTW>> grilled up some of those tuna steaks this evening, outstanding!
Scot
scot

Post by scot »

John,

I stopped by the Pleasure Island marina today. The slips are $7.00 per/ft /month, with a minimum of $200 a month (for smaller boats). No long term contracts required. There are 300 new slips and 250 are available lol. The storm that took out the last marina, took out the local fleet as well!! Most slips have 30AMP power and some have 50AMP power. They will also take weekend stop overs at $20 bucks a night. The fuel dock is now open, diesel was $4.85 today. It is self serve, credit card.

There just aren't as many in-water boaters these days, everyone wants a covered slip with a lift to get their trailer rockets with OBs out of the water. Here is a link that has a couple of pictures of the new marina. There is a phone number on the link if you have any questions.

http://www.pleasureislandtx.com/
Scot