Classic 31 contact person

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

J Clark

Classic 31 contact person

Post by J Clark »

I am trying to contact Cabrera (sp.) or anyone who might know about a boat they did in 2003/04. I've got the boat pretty much dis-mantled, what a mess. I need to find out if they replaced the fuel tank. I also am looking for anyone who can supply me with the measurements of the orginal head, my wife ain't into setting on a ice cream bucket. Thanks for any reply. Jim
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Jim,
I was Cabrera's Shop last week, doing a survey on Jerry Santiago's 31 FBC redo, which is almost completed. If you don't speak Spanish it's pretty hard to comunicate, but they are very nice people. They do mostly glass work and sub out the electric and engines. The contact number I have is for Rey Cabrera 786-554-0183. I've done at least 20 31 surveys in the past five years and have owned a 31 express for 29 years. I'll take the measurements of my original stand up head compartment in the next couple of days. If want to call me my cell is 561-310-7179 after 9 AM.
Jerry S. if you read this post call me so I can finish the report.
Pete Fallon
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

If its the "Classic 31" it was made by Cabrera Jr. out in Loxahatchee which is shut down now.

It was a short lived project. I think some of the gang rode on John's(one of the investors) at the Ft Lauderdale show one year.

Don't know if the interior dimensions are the same between the two.
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

cant just peek your head or a camera below deck and see if the tank is original?
thereheis

head

Post by thereheis »

i replaced my head with with about the biggest one that would fit as to still have room to move around also.i used the RARATAN COMPACT II MANUAL the deminisions are -
h=13 3/4" w=17 1/2" d=17 3/4" but i did add a block of mahodany to the base to raise it up to almost the standard height of a home toilet.which is 14 1/2" from the floor not the small platform that it sits on .

phil
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jim,
Best way to contact cabrera is through their website and/or email:
cabreraskits@aol.com
You will receive back a reply from Conchite, the English-speaking member of the group. Trust her, she will get through.
Rey is Mr. Cabrera's son who is no longer in the boat business. He is into horse training.
Good luck
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Pete Fallon

Contact Person Classic 31

Post by Pete Fallon »

Jim,
The head compatment on my 31 is 39"x37 1/2" outside, from aft bulkhead to the galley countertop. With the head sink and vanity the useable interior space is 34 1/2"x 25 3/4". I installed a Galley Maid electric flush toilet with built-in macerator unit, wiring is 12 volt and intake and discharge lines are 1". The express has a 2" deep covering access panel for wiring and steering systems on the aft bulkhead. The FB should be a easier install. Remember to make the inward curves at the top of the bulkhead where it meets the cabin top. The door is 20"x69 3/4"x3/4" with a 2" bottom lip. 2" deep pan inside for the head floor. Send my the pictures of you fuel tank installation.
Pete Fallon