Having a problem?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Having a problem?

Post by CaptPatrick »

If any registered member is having any troubles logging on/off, reading the boards, posting, replying, sending private messages, or anything else, please email me with a description of your problem at bertram31@bertram31.com and I'll do my best to resolve the problem.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Re: Having a problem?

Post by Bob H. »

Capt Pat, having a bit of trouble posting a reply to posts..And when I hit the go back button rather than the general discussion link at the top I have to sign in again..not a biggie..just a heads up.. Thanks Pat..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

You running on a Mac or WinPC?
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Buju

Post by Buju »

Often when I try to post, after hitting the 'submit' button, it takes me back to the login screen.
This results in my post being lost and having to retype it. I always copy my post now before hitting submit, then paste it in after the login pops up again.
Sometimes I forget to copy prior, then I loose the reply and if it was a long or detailed reply I don't take the time to retype it.

It used to only happen if it took longer than say… 10 or 15min to type a reply after login. Now it seems to always do it.

*** it did not happen this time. But I did not hit "preview"… usually hit preview. Im on a mac****
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

That's why I ask Bob which system he's running. I'm on a PC and never have a problem, but on my sister's Mac, over in San Antonio, I've had it happen twice. And when on her machine, its seldom for anything than to check the board visually, so I don't know how often it would happen with regular use...

Something about how the Mac processes cookies. Even after I've read a post while logged on with her machine, invariably a read post still shows as un-read.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Here's an email from this morning confirming that Macintosh/Apple has issues with bulletin boards...
Nav,
I've noticed that you've logged on then off a couple of times. Everything OK with your access to the board and user features?
Br,
Patrick
Dear Capt. Pat,

No problems at all. My browser (Safari - Mac OS) sometimes decides to "forget" that I didn't log out and (erroneously) assumes that I want to do so and does it for me.
Not a biggie.
Best regards,
Navatech
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Capt Pat, When I use my Ipad I seem to have more trouble posting a reply. I tried three times tonight and couldt get the reply to stick, when i hit submit or preview I seem to get logged off. On my PC now lets see if this works. Buju described it alot better than I did. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bill Gates is chuckling in the background, Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave....
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

lol Capt Pat i will post with PC and browse with ipad...glad you know what your doin..im a puter dummy..but can build a decent 31..go figure..BH
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

CaptPatrick wrote:Bill Gates is chuckling in the background, Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave....
I'm not sure... The solution to stop the issue is to purge the site's cookie...
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Yup, deleting cookie and temporary internet files could help...

Another thing that I find of great importance: When my computer slows down, acts erratic, does something I don't think it should, I do a cold boot. Shut down for 3 minutes and re-start. That also works for wireless modems and routers. Sometimes it's amazing how much better they run after a nap. I cold boot the computer at least once a day. The wireless modem & router, maybe once a month...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob H. wrote:lol Capt Pat i will post with PC and browse with ipad...glad you know what your doin..im a puter dummy..but can build a decent 31..go figure..BH
I was told many, many years ago: "Computers are the Devils work" & "Garbage in; garbage out"... A variation of that Devils work was even my AOL screen name back in the mid 90's; DDevilswrk. I got tired of people asking "are you some kind of warlock or something?", dumped AOHell and moved on.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Patrick said,
"are you some kind of warlock or something?"
You know I been meaning to ask you that.......
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

All seems fine now, posting with iPad..all hail warlock Pat
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

I finally log in with iPad possibly this will work for a while.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473