Drones can NOT deliver beer!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Drones can NOT deliver beer!

Post by MarkS »

This brewery is 30 miles from my house. Unfortunately it was also within range for delivery. Screwed again!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... e-faa-says
Rawleigh

Re: Drones can NOT deliver beer!

Post by Rawleigh »

F'ing government can spoil anything!!!
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Dam that stinks Mark. I never realy thought that drones delivering things would be a big deal. But that just opened my eyes. Delivering shotgun shells or coffie while duck hunting in winter and delivering beer and ice while fishing in summer. Trolling the beach get close to pier and drone delivers. Great idea. OH WELL the gov. nows best :( :(
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Given the majority of drivers shouldn't even have a drivers license, having the same brain trust flying drones around is not a good idea.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Wouldn't you rather have Old Style?

I once did the square in Stevens Point, I had a good time from what I remember. Good folks, lots to drink and too damn cold.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

John your buddies must have pulled you out of the rotation early. Back when I was spry with a fresh liver I tried a number of times to hit them all. It can't be done.

What were you doing in da Point der hey? Miss a turn ya?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Darn, that's too bad!
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Mark,

I was in my early 20's and don't know if we hit every bar or not. I do remember a couple of us moving the back end of a Cadillac on a dare. Two different time we went to Ft. McCoy for cold weather training with our helicopter squadron HMM-263. Nice folks and wide open spaces is what I remember.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Cold weather training! You came to the right place. Whop whops, they fly over my house regularly. What was the old saying,
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and therefore unsafe."

You should come around during the warmer months, also known as the season where you can determine the size of your date!
:)
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

They can't use the drone in a commercial enterprise. You however can operate one as a private citizen enjoying your hobby. Make them an offer for one of their drones and have them plug in the address for their new drone friendly drive through beer store.

That's got to be one helleva powerful machine for that kind of range and payload. It might double as a lawnmower if you sharpen the blades.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Craig G

Post by Craig G »

This copy and pasted from my pilot's union.

Someday, All Planes Will Be Drones"

Columnist Holman Jenkins of The Wall Street Journal wrote an op ed that appeared in the newspaper's March 25 edition entitled "Someday, All Planes Will Be Drones." Mr. Jenkins expressed the view that "cargo planes will be unmanned. Passenger planes, once passengers realize the crew is mostly there to cause mistakes, will be fully automated even if a trained crew member is standing by to lend comfort." APA Communications responded with a letter to the editor, which the newspaper published March 31. The full text of the letter as published:

Mr. Jenkins suggests that "once passengers realize the crew is mostly there to cause mistakes," passenger planes will be fully automated. The planeload of passengers who survived when Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and First Officer Jeff Skiles successfully ditched their crippled Airbus A320 in the Hudson River on Jan. 15, 2009, might feel differently. So might the passengers who survived when an engine exploded on a United Airlines DC-10 over Iowa on July 19, 1989, destroying all flight controls. The pilots on board improvised and managed to bring the airplane to a semi-controlled crash landing, saving 185 lives.

When real flying skills are called for in an in-flight emergency, I suspect most travelers would prefer to have qualified, capable pilots on board. -- Gregg Overman, Allied Pilots Association, Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks,
Craig
1968 31 Bahia Mar 316-664 SeaZAR
2003 17 Cape Horn
1999 35 Contender Side Console