Power of Friendship

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt.Frank

Re: Power of Friendship

Post by Capt.Frank »

Dam Harry,
Sorry to here about DaNada. Keep you chin up. You built her right the first time. Will keep you in our prays. Having seen my dads B35 like that, makes me sick again to my stomach.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Harry I know you're busy but hows the progress? Every time I think about DeNada I get nauseous.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

our thoughts are with you repairing her. i remember you telling me at the green port event about your new boat house and the steel that you got to put it together. I watched CHLOE on the marina video during SANDY ride the surge up the pilings as the water filled the parking lot until power was lost and the camera went off . I didn't know what to expect until i could get to the marina . Not a good Feeling . good luck bring her back tom
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Mark wrote:Harry I know you're busy but hows the progress?
Mark the timeline goes like this.....She sank between Midnight and 3 AM on Wednesday a week ago. I had her floating on Thursday afternoon about 6 PM. Friday night I removed the injectors and examined the cylinders. Between the 2 engines I had water in 3 cylinders. On Friday PM we sucked the water out of the cylinders and filled them with WD 40 and we also pumped about 3 gallons of water out of the engine oil pan. On Saturday AM we put the injectors back in, removed and bypassed the Aftercoolers and started the port engine and Saturday PM we started the Starboard engine.....Oh Yeah....sometime in there we put fresh oil in each engine. Sunday I changed the oil again and once again started each engine and brought them both up to good operating tempt for the second time. Hopefully I will put the aftercoolers back on tomorrow afternoon.....just in time for more heavy rain and the threat of flash flooding in our area! ! ! Whats the chance the river could flood like it did last week......twice in less than 2 weeks......

hb
hb
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Let's not go there.........
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
JohnV8r

Post by JohnV8r »

Geez Harry, Sorry to see what you're going through. Glad to hear your engines are running...
Last edited by JohnV8r on May 9th, '14, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
Carl

Post by Carl »

Harry Babb wrote:
........ Hopefully I will put the aftercoolers back on tomorrow afternoon.....just in time for more heavy rain and the threat of flash flooding in our area! ! ! Whats the chance the river could flood like it did last week......twice in less than 2 weeks......

hb

Harry don't go there!! That rain storm put a foot of water in the basement of moms house...sump pump couldn't keep up. The only other time water was in that house was with Sandy...true that one filled basement and put 2' on the 1st floor, but ...45 years of nothing the pump couldn't handle before that.
At least my luck seems to have changed for the better, we had stored 60% of the stuff we salvaged from our old house in that basement for a year and change...only had moving company take it out 5 days prior. Another 5 days, that would have been....well as I said don't go there.

I am not superstitious...but I also do not tempt fate.
Move it higher my friend, move it higher!
Lightening does strikes twice...

Glad your on the right track...hope to share a clear and laugh over this one day.

Carl

Haven't had a stitch of time to play with the Lock and Stitch...but soon.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harry, glad to hear your making steady headway on Denada..drop a heavy mooring in the river and give her a place to ride it out, leave plenty of heavy chain rode buried in the mud..she will do just fine..or a marine railway to get her up and out of the water..the Babb clan could build either in their sleep..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?