Where are all the guys who were griping about Ethanol?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Where are all the guys who were griping about Ethanol?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I posted an opportunity for us to have our voices heard on this issue as I was contacted by a The Wall Street Journal reporter who wants to write a story on this. He has already called the guys whose names I gave him from NY. Now he wants to talk to guys from other states. Please send or post your name and telephone number if Ethanol in your fuel has cost you engine and tank dollars. My e-mail address is wkapriel@optonline.net. So far I have NO names and numbers to send him. A bit embarassing. Walter
UNIQUE_NAME

Post by UNIQUE_NAME »

i hope you don't mind but i cross posted this to the hatteras board. there has been much discussion there. hopefully you will get some hits from them also.
1973 38' HATTERAS AFT CABIN
kscheben

Post by kscheben »

If you need another NYer to speak with him, I would be glad to chip in. I've had engine damage to new (less than 200 hours) Crusader engines plus the cost of replacing both of my fiberglass tanks. Warranty on the engines was denied. I'm staring at a 5 digit total reapir bill. You can send him my way if you wish - 631-321-4790

Ken
Babylon. NY
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

I am in Texas, my name is Rob Cromie, I had a problem w/ the first tank of Ethanol. My Cell # is 713-582-4563. I moved my boat about 150m from my home to get away from that shit!!! Let er rip!!!

Rob C
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
John B

Post by John B »

Count me in too. My cell is 908-507-0073.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Carl Johnson Jr.
Staten Island, NY

Staten Island Machine Inc
Day phone- 718.273.6036
Cell phone - 917.952.7703

1966 31 Bertram Express
440 Gas Engines w/glass tank

4 Heads rebuilt
2 New Carbs
Several boxs of Replacement Pushrods
100+ Gallons of wasted Gas
Couple Hundred on wasted Addatives and quick fix's
2 Grand on a new Alum Tank
Countless hours of meaning less fix's

2 LOST SEASONS of aggravation

All thanks to Ethanol

PS- On vacation next week, cell may be best bet.
skyking

Post by skyking »

Carl, Could you please elaborate on the type of damage done to you engines ! I don't know if this is related...but I took on about 300 gals of gas w/Eth. 2 weeks ago, the next time I tried to start my genny..she rans for about 10 mins, then died. I traced the problem to a bad fuel pump. Now here's the crazy part, when I took the bottom of the pump (Faucet fuel pump) off, all was clean..but when I tipped the pump on the side and tapped it, it started pumping, but it would not pump in the vertical(recomended)mounting position. My 82 33FBC has a fiberglass tank...and I'm worried about this Ethanol problem....any comments re: what engine damage is occuring, and f/g fuel tank rections, would be most apperciated. Thanks Ken
Ken
'82 33FBC w/gas
Thornwood,NY & New Port Richey,Fl