Connecticut B31s

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

TailhookTom

Connecticut B31s

Post by TailhookTom »

Niantic - 3 -Tailhook, Sexy Lady, Grasshopper
Groton Long Point - Alchemy -- Dug, any more in there?
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

tom, I'm going to refrane from gracing you with my smartass comment.......
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Why, Timmy? Go for it -- I have thick skin!
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Nope, kathi said after the duvet debacle, I've got to put on a more refined, dignified act(she used a different word, but we all know for me it will be a act) So from now on when you give me a opening I'm just going to the lalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you thing(same as when kathi gives me a chore list)
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Timmy:

Hopefully Kathi won't be looking on the Joisey post -- otherwise you will be enjoying the duvet on the couch!

Tom
Dug

Post by Dug »

Tom,

You can't entirely claim Grasshopper as from Niantic, as her summer berth is in GLP... But we could share!

I know only she and Alchemy are in our harbor over in GLP.

Fishers has 4-5. 2 or so in the mystic river. I know at least one in the Pawcatuck river over on the CT/RI border (Stanton's Charisma). One in Watch Hill.

There is one on the Thames that I know called Soybeana or something, owned by the people who own the Cross Sound Ferry company. Then I lose it after I continue to head to Niantic, but I think you have it covered!

Oh, I hear there is one getting redone up on the hard in Mystic by Custom Fiberglass Repair in their inland shop. I will be going to check it out, as they do awesome work.

D
Rit

Ruffian -- 1962 SF

Post by Rit »

My B31 is a 1962 SportFish kept in Norwalk.

Right now she's out of the water, been stripped to the hull and build up has begun. Next up is to fit Capt Pat's Livewell to her transom, install Cabrera's V-Berth kit and complete the rest of the FB work. Besides a million little details like elect & plumbing, I've still got paint, power, and tower to go. So it looks like I'll see you on the water next summer.

Rit
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Stick at it in the end it will be worth it
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Dug:

I understand Grasshopper got some Yanmars put in her -- something like 315hp? I bet she will fly now. Tiger tells me that they are blowing out the mechanical Yanmars right now at Port Niantic -- 15k per motor for the 6 cyl.

I always like the interior of Grasshopper, but those 8.2 Detroits were not the prime power option. Now she is a hell of a ride.

What is going on Alchemy this year?

Tom
Dug

Post by Dug »

I guess they were actually the 260's. He wanted the 6 cylinders. It will run much better than it ever did!

Only thing in my world is to finish the strut repairs on both sides, and then wire in the satellite weather electronic gizmo.

Otherwise, it is all house...not boat...

Oh, and underwater lights, which I own, but may not get around to installing. Gotta love grinding fiberglass...(that is the strut repair, not underwater lighting!!)

Oh, shucks, the outriggers will have to get installed too...

D
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Yeah I know that Drill -- seems like I am doing more on the houses these days than the boat
Mike Moran

Conn. Bertram

Post by Mike Moran »

mine is in Madison ct.
fred bortolan

Post by fred bortolan »

a least 3 in Branford
BillinFI

Fishers Island Bertrams

Post by BillinFI »

There are actually 7 31s on Fishers. Kandi Sanger just got hers back after a new deck was installed. Opus One had the original top cut off and a tower installed and when they got tired of that they sent it to the guys in the Chesapeake who did a two year rehab along with the new deck and yanmars. It is more like my 25 now. Her son has one, there are three more in Hurricane Cove, Dick Miller has one, there is another at the yacht club (Double Bogie). There may even be one or two more floating around. There are several 25s, a couple of 20s, a couple of 33s, and two of the new Hunt runabouts. Fishers is pretty much ground zero for B-31s!
Bill
Dug

Post by Dug »

So Opus One doesn't look like an open boat with a rear tower anymore? That was a very distinctive little ride!

I hadn't been over to count in a while.

I know Merilee Wall's cousin or something like that has one that is for sale, and Richard Miller has the sweet blue hulled ride. Double Bogie has chatted here before, but it has been a while, and there were a couple more. That is true.

Thanks for setting me straight!

D
TheBuoyGuy

Conn B31

Post by TheBuoyGuy »

I keep mine in Westport, CT, the "Loophole"
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

There is also the Swish in Essex owned by the Cornell's.