Fly bridge instment panel

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ironman

Fly bridge instment panel

Post by Ironman »

Anybody know where I can get oine? Mine just a piece of plastic or? painted Cummins grey.Didnt last. ...
Wayne
merlin

Post by merlin »

I'm not sure if you are looking to replace your Cummins instr panel
(VDO gauges etc). My is aged and only partially working. Tony
Athens has full size Cummins panels for $1100 (new) .
One of these will not fit well on my bridge and you need 2.

I also found this for a panel replacement:

http://www.tadiesels.com/instrument_panel.html

may be of interest but I'm not sure how I would get it to fit nicely.

$550 each.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Wayne - there are a couple of places that have booths at the FLL show each year that make plastic panels you can put your own gagues in. Just send them a template and they cut to your specs, and as I remember it was pretty short money. When my original Cummins plastic panels started going to pot from the sun, one of the Faithful gave me a pair he had where he removed the gagues for a custom install. It was not easy swapping the gagues from the old to the new (pre-CX) but worked fine. I had my canvas guy make a Stamoid cover for the panels that snaps over them and the steering wheel - 4 snaps, removed the screws that hold the outside corners of the panels and put a snap on each one. Works like a champ and the panels will last forever out of the sun.

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

You can also use 1/4" starboard in grey, black, white, for colors that will last for a long time.

DQ
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Thanks...Guys. Im gonna use the starboard idea.The gauges are only 3yrs old & no problems yet...but I repainted the orig. panel with cummins grey & now its chipping.& looking bad... .
Wayne
fred bortolan

Post by fred bortolan »

ironman I have a orig. panel a buddy of mine had left over from a repower if your still interested let me know and Ill contact him
RussP

Post by RussP »

I purchased black & white plexiglass and quick set glue from a local plastic supplier. After cutting the plexiglass to size I made a black, white, black layup and bevelded the edges and polished to look like a pick guard from a Strat. I targeted out the holes and used a Roto Zip for the tach holes and fostner bits for the other guages and 3 1/4" holes for the LED bilge pump indicator lights. Basic tools are all you need but a router bench helps for the beveling. You could even get fancy and have the boat name engraved if you like.

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Russ: Thats sound like a cool look.
I ve got my glass guy filling in the unused holes (Im using single lever electronic controls now.)maybe Ill have him gelcoat it...
Still thinking.
Wayne