Pete Fallon

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

reel easy
Standing Member

Pete Fallon

Post by reel easy »

Just wanted to let everyone know that because of this greats site, I had an opportunity to meet and recommend Pete Fallon to some friends who were in need of a marine surveyor due to a recent boating mishap. Pete responded very quickly, diagnosed the damage and determined the probable cause easing the families concerns. If anyone needs is in need of a marine surveyor, I highly recommend Pete. Great guy to work with and a long time B31 owner.

Thanks Pete,

Frank
SteveM

Re: Pete Fallon

Post by SteveM »

Amen to that! Pete Fallon is awesome!
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Frank,
It was nice to meet you yesterday, you have some very nice friends, your own fleet of vessels sounds like the top of the line collection, get at least one of those classics in the water. That Cubavitch seems to have caught your eye, I recommend staying away from it until you finish up the 31 Bahia Mar. Thanks again for the referral.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
reel easy
Standing Member

Post by reel easy »

Pete.

That Cubavitch is VERY tempting but your are right on finishing the 31 first.

I sent you a PM with my contact info. Let me know if your down in Boynton some time.

Thanks again

Frank
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Frank,
I didn't get anything at the PM side of the board. I was at Cracker Boy today to take more pictures of the Carver, I didn't like some of the one I took the other day. They were working on the Cubavich putting on a new worm shoe, a non pressure treated 2x 4.
Pete Fallon
reel easy
Standing Member

Post by reel easy »

Pete,

I'll send you another PM. Let me know if this one works.

I went by Cracker Boy today looking for the Scully that sunk. Saw they were working on the Cubavich. Talked to the workers but they had no clue if it had been sold. Hope they glass that wood this time...

Frank
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

What's the real condition of the cubavich, she has been for sale for a long time now?
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Pete,

I'd be curious to know what you thought of the condition of the Cubavich? Or anyone else who has seen it up close. I see it had disappeared from the yachtworld listings around the time of this thread but recently popped back up on Craigslist at a reduced price.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/3958548152.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pete
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Pete,
The Cubavich that was at Cracker Boy in Riviera Beach Florida, was having the bottom done when I was there back in late June.
The hull looked good nice clean looking boat. They were putting on worm shoes at the chines and on the keel, these were 2"x 4" untreated lumber worm shoes. The boat was set up as a day boat for Southern fishing. That's about all I can tell you.
Pete Fallon
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Pete,

Speaking of a Cubavich, I was at Carvers boat yard in New Jersey in the Spring and saw a very nice 28 ---its hard to get the proportions right on a small fly-bridge boat, but it was very sharp.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Craig, If you took pictures please send them my way. While I don't ever see having the money, time or patience to own one of these beatuties I do love looking.

Pete, that's the boat (Salty Tiger) looks like it's back on the market. If someone really spends the time it will be a show stopper.
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Is the cubavich the Last Tango?
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Marlin,
It's the Salty Tiger she's usually berthed up in the Jupiter area. How's the Hinckley running? I'm still having knee issues going to Boston next month to check out Boimet new knee joint. Head Dr. at Brigham & Women's thinks it will work for me.
Pete Fallon