I'm back!!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

I'm back!!!

Post by JimmyG »

Well after a good 3 years I'm finally started my project 31 today. I found a few things in the boat while cleaning it out that may come in handy....Tylenol and Malox! I'll already have a question On my last 3 I purchased a custom console/windshield had to cut the top of my console off and glue the new one on, does anyone know where to get one ? I forget where I got my last one
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: I'm back!!!

Post by CaptPatrick »

Welcome back Jimmy! Good to see you back on the team...

Can't remember if you had one of my console pods or not, or the aftermarket windshield, (which is no longer available). The console that I do now has been updated and looks like this:

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Welcome back, Jimmy. I couldn't stay out of the game either. After selling Island Girl three years ago, I jumped back in with some partners on a '70 SF 31. I still have the video of Fighting Angel that you sent me about 10 years ago. Have fun with your new project.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks Tommy, Capt Pat how have you been, I did not have a pod but i do want one the one you sell is it just the pod or the whole console?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Jimmy,

Pod only, blank top (no cutout), fits oem dash, plenty of interior room for controls, cables, wiring, instruments, etc.

More images are available at http://bertram31.com/hancock/img/bridge/ This was during the Hancock project...

Br,

Patrick
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Hey Jimmy welcome back.
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Welcome back Jimmy, can't wait to see you what you do this time. How's that duck boat you made working out? Awsome work. Welcome back again.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hello Jimmy---- Welcome back. Glad to hear from you again. I to am in the middle of an old 31 rebuild. It is Doc's old runout, beat to shit, hacked and cutup 1961 Bertram. Right now I have an engine(3208)on blocks trying to get the oil pan off. To get to the pan you have to tear, grind and beat lots of thing. Right now working on the rusted oil cooler. Back to the HF grinder.
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Charlie are you doing that with the engines in the boat?? Those oil coolers are a pain. Did one a few years back starboard side much easier than the port side. Good luck
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yep in the boat, but starboard. Looks like I will have to grind a couple of the base bolts off the cooler. I can't reach the bolts that hold the cooler on without removing the base first. I guess when I get it open I will see what holds th base to the cooler assembly.
I have her up on 6x6 beams and suspended from an 8x8 beam.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Hey, Charlie
I remember That boat from one of your Atlantic City gigs. Doc had some balls running that "thing". Sounds like you need a boat guy with five ft arms.

And now I think I will look for the Jimmy G video accepting the prize at an awards dinner.
Welcome back!
A/K/A El Gaupo