FORKED RIVER DIESEL AND GENERATOR NJ,???

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

FORKED RIVER DIESEL AND GENERATOR NJ,???

Post by Todd Pearce »

Hi, has anyone had any dealings with John Lane,at forked river diesel Nj, I`am considering them for some work on some cats but dont know them or there work,I have spoken to John and he seems very knowledgable,but its always good to get an independent opinion/referance
thanks for your help
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Great mechanic, one of the best diesel guys around that area he took care of a Viking yacht I was running years ago and was always a pleasure
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

John's a great guy and friend. I would recommend him.

Tony on here....had him repower his bert.. He seemed pretty happy too!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

John is one of the best around. He repowered my 31. Tell him that both Greig Thinnel and Tony Meols sent you over.

He rebuilt the cats in my sisters boat. She could not be happier. He showed her all the stuff the big Cat guy in town missed. John is the only one she lets touch the engines now.

Where are you located? New Zealand is a long way from Waretown, NJ.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

I`am in Auckland ,NZ,which has one of the best gulfs you will find any where in the world,take a look on google,or a chart ,unbelievable islands,harbours,fishing diving ,Its awesome,I can row out infront of my house and catch all the schnapper I need. Yes Nz is along way form NJ but believe it or not there is only one b31 and one b37 in NZ,we have a lot of bertrams 35s,42s 46s,but mostly made in australia under licence to bretram usa .truth is my heart is in a b31 ,but I have three kids and a b37 makes more sense,there is a b37 in nj ,toms river ,thats got some issues but it may be an option,its in johns yard,so its great to hear you guys speak so highly of him ,it gives me a lot of confidence,Charlie has refered me to john spencer as a surveyor,I spoke with him today ,seems like hes is very well respected by all, So thanks to all for the feed back ,at this stage I`am waiting on a shipping price,Will keep you guys informed as I go Cheers Todd
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Todd

You will be more than pleased with John and his crew. As a good friend of me once said about John, you know you can trust him because he looks you straight in the eyes when he talks with you.

Good luck.

What is the name on the boat. I will be over in John's yard in a week or two. Greig is there all the time and it is time for me to stop by and check on the progress of his project which is going to be really sweet when he is done.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Capn' Tony

Post by Capn' Tony »

Todd,

I have no connection to this boat. I met the guy at the Boston show I think this can be bought cheaply the owner has not used it in a couple of years and is too old now. It has new yanmars , if I hadn't bought my B33 recently I would have looked seriously. If checked out could be a low ball offer would be accepted.

Bertram 38:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... capeyachts&
Thanks
Capn' Tony
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Thanks Tony....still moving along. Not as fast as I would like but each trip I get something done.

Todd if you need any help let me know. I am in the yard where John is three times a week!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;