Snow Foster has died

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Snow Foster has died

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Faithful, I'm saddened to report my friend and former driver, Snow Foster has passed away. He had been battling cancer since 2005. Many of you will remember him from UVIs and the FLL boat show. His funeral will be Friday here in Baton Rouge.

Smooth sailing, ole buddy......

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Truly sorry to hear of both Snow's and Buzzy's passing... Both were good guys and will be missed.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

UV:

Once again, my condolances on the loss of your friend, may he rest in peace.

Tom
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I'm really sorry to hear that. A really nice guy.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Snow was a sweetheart. I'll always remember the look on his face the first time the door was opened at Tiger's house at Port Eads and we were welcomed in. Quite a change from The Pain Killer! Rest in peace my friend. You put up one helluva fight.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Sorry to hear that Vic. He was a nice guy! I know he put up a tough fight against the cancer.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Good night, Snow....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

my condolances to you for both snow and buzz, i know you were close with snow
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What a fabulous guy. The stories he told, especially those with Vic were priceless. As big as he was and as much 'cop' bravado as he could muster he was one of the sweetest, gentlest guys. I will remember him always with a smile on my lips.
Rest in peace, my friend.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

By the way, that's like a 300 pound tuna he's holding.........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

He was a retired Baton Rouge City policeman who saw his partner gunned down in cold blood for no reason.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
chris pague

SNOW

Post by chris pague »

Vic I never met Snow but heard soooo many storys and not a bad word at all. My thoughts and prayers go to Snow and his family.
Chris
I have found that life can be short. Hope I am not late?
Carl

Post by Carl »

My condolences UV.

Carl
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Vic,

Sorry about your multiple losses. I enjoyed meeting Snow with you at the FLL Boat Show one year (or maybe two). Colorful characters have colorful friends; and you and they qualify.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Man when it rains it pours, Sorry to hear about Snow UV. I know he loved to collect Law Enforcement patches from all over. When my son was with the City Police Dept. of Lakeland, FL. Snow wanted one of those patches, so I got my son to send him one back right after the first UVI.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Dug

Post by Dug »

UV,

Sorry for your loss my friend. He'll be missed.

Dug
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

From UVI II
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Sorry to hear you lost a good friend UV, looks like you guys had fun along the way..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
offshore31

Post by offshore31 »

UV

I've never had the pleasure of meeting you or Snow, but have heard the stories. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Joe
Joe A.
lurker (ex-b31r)
mike ohlstein
Site Admin

Post by mike ohlstein »

I seem to recall a story about a day when Snow was driving UV around and they had stopped at a light. Some kid stuck his head in the window of the car and was mouthing off when Snow pulled his gun and stuck it in the kids face......saying......'Can I help you?'.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory of Vicroy

True story...Canal Street, New Orleans, an idiot cab driver tried to grab me thru the passenger side window when Snow hollered to me "Duck!"...which I did and The Snowman leaned across me & put his .40 Glock in the cabbie's face and said those exact words. Would he have blown the guy away? You bet, with a smile.

And another good one was at a UVI one of the P'cola boys got a little frisky on the whiskey and was causing a minor rukus....I sic-ed The Snowman on him and that situation was rather quickly resolved....

Snow's first trip offshore with me on AJ (Stan Smith came along with his video camera) we were trolling a broken grass line out of Port Eads and got one strike all day, a 450+ blue marlin which procedded to whup The Snowman's ass.....brought the big guy to his knees, but he finally got him to the tag stick. Lyman the G-Man was the wire man that day. Snow never could understand after that why everyone thought it was so hard to catch a blue marlin....shoot, he got one his first time out.

UV
Tom

Post by Tom »

UV, I hate to hear that. He and I spent a nice night in 05 on Tigers porch, just the two of us. I recall he just found out his cancer had returned and was quite philosophical about the whole goddamn thing.

Makes me sad seeing these memorable people pass on. We only get one shot and Snow and Buzzie made their marks.-Tom
Viva la Presidente!
Garry

Post by Garry »

I too am saddened to hear that Snow has passed. He was a really likeable guy. We were coming up the river late on day on AJ, when the Coasties pulled up in a launch to board us. Snow met them in the cockpit and revealed he was packing. They proceeded, Mr Roy, where is your documention? after getting the wrong answer...well Mr Roy, how come you don't have the state numbers? Still the wrong answer....Mr Roy, can I see your flares?....Mr Roy these flares are older than I am he replied! We all laughed and UV skated with a warning....I know Snow is up there laughing!

High Pockets
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

UV,

I'm sorry to say I never met Snow, but sounds like a good man and one heck of a character. Port Eads has lost two special guys in one week. Uncle Vic, sorry for your loss and may Snow Rest in Peace.

"In valor there is hope."
—Tacitus

JR
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

UV,
My condolances to Snow's family and to you, he was one of the best, you've had a real bad week.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
RussP

Post by RussP »

UV, Linda & I are saddened to hear of Snow's passing.

I remember taking him out to the wreck right outside the south pass and he hooked up on something big. We couldn't get is out in time and it settled in the wreck. He hung on to that fish for a good 1/2 hour trying to pull it free before I finally cut the line.

A great Man and I'm sure a special friend.

Regards,
Russ & LindaP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
randall

Post by randall »

sorry to hear that. some people just meet you head on with an open heart.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ran,
The essence of him. Well said!
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Capt. Mac Creech

Post by Capt. Mac Creech »

Sorry to hear about Snow, Thought about him a few times but didn't know how to get a hold of him. Had some good times with him on Jaded Lady.
Mac
In Memory of Vicroy

Thanks guys, he loved all of ya. Elaine & I went by the funeral home last ngith to pay our respects and they had some pix displayed of Snow with the Faithful at UVIs, made quite a stir and a lotta smiles. I relayed all of your thoughts to his wife & kids and they really appreciated it.

UV
capy

Post by capy »

Uncle Vic,

I know most of you guys have probably forgotten me as I am so caught up in own profession, family , etc. that I hardly ever post anymore.

But I can honestly say that at the 2 UVI's I attended ...Snow treated me like I was one of his own sons.

Even though the fishing was great and I had a great time with all you boys, I think my fondest memory was sitting around the pavillion with you, Snow, Andre and some of the guys from back east, telling jokes, eating boudin and getting pieyed drunk on cold beer, then chum slick martini's. I am eternally grateful that you invited me down there, showed me outstanding hospitality and allowed me to meet some of the finest human beings I ever met, or will probably ever meet.

God bless Snow, Buzzy and both of their families. Also, all of their friends who mourn their passing.

Regards,

Paul
1961 Sportfish Hull# 5-35
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

We miss you , Paul, but trust you're doing good work.

At Snow's funeral today , being a retired motorcycle cop, there were at least 35 police motorcycles in the procession. Pretty impressive. Alot of cop cars too.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Harv

Post by Harv »

UV,
my condolences to you and Snow's family. I know he will be dearly missed.
Harv