10th Annual North Carolina Bertram 31 Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rapscallion

10th Annual North Carolina Bertram 31 Rendezvous

Post by Rapscallion »

The 10th Annual NC B31 Rendezvous will be held in Atlantic Beach, NC on June 3 and 4.

he outing will begin with cocktails and dinner at the Causeway Marina, home of SAWDUST, HATTRICK and HOOLIGAN. Saturdays events will start with an open ocean run to Cape Lookout and a private tour and climb event at the famous Cape Lookout Lighthouse followerd by lunch at Harkers Point , home of BILLBOARD. We anticipate 25 boats participating and near 100 B31 owners and fans. All B31 friends are welcome and we have a celebrity appearance by Capt. Patrick himself, flying in from TX. if you are interested in more detail, call Lin Spears 910-228-8456 - RAPSCALLION
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Lin,

Thanks for once again rounding up the hosts and sponsors to make the NC Bertram Rendezvous a reality. I look forward to being in attendance at all the events; and I expect you to have Rapscallion in tip-top shape for the gathering.

Tommy
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Lin & Tommy,

I am not going to say I'll make it this year. But I am going to try realy hard. Boats running I am having a hard top made right now so hopefully it will be done in a week. If not might drive down again by car. But realy want to run down with the boys on the boat. We'll see.

Tommy, you got that sportsman running?
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Capt. Frank,

Sorry to say that the Sportsman is still in mothballs. I sure hope you can make it down; I still remember when you, your wife and your 1st mate (about a year or so old) made it down a few years back. An appearance by you and your crew is overdue!

Tommy
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I'm getting pressure from my wife to bring her to this event since she's never been to one.

When do the festivities begin on Friday and do we need to make reservations for dinner?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bruce,

You're in the head count. Come on up as early as you'd like; you and Shirley will be staying in my condo (the one you stayed in when you worked on Island Girl). Patrick and I will be staying next door. I will take you and Shirley to see the wild horses on Shackleford Banks, and will take you out to Cape Lookout Shoals to Shark Island (appropriately named). Looking forward to having Capt. Happy Pants back in NC.

Tommy
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Hey, Bro, just do it!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Looks like we're on, wife is requesting the time off today.

What day are you getting in Pat? Looks like we'll be heading up Thurs am for an easy drive and maybe a stop over to see the Lady in Black.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tommy and I will be on Atlantic Beach mid afternoon Thursday...
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bruce,

I'm thinking Patrick and I will be at the condo around 1:30-2:00 Thursday PM. I'm not sure of the drive time from Darlington to Atlantic Beach, but dinners on me Thursday evening. You can stay at the condo the whole week if you'd like.

Tommy
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I spoke to Lin Spears yesterday and am thinking I might drive up from Wilmington for the lunch on Saturday. I have never met anyone from this site but the chance to meet Captain Patrick and Bruce at the same time is too good to pass up. I am not 100% sure of this, but I do want to meet as many of the B31 Faithful as I can.

If anyone is thinking of flying into or out of the Wilmington Airport (ILM) let me know.. we can fix you up with rides and a place to stay if you need either.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

IR Guy,

Make it happen; you won't be disappointed. The lunch Saturday will be at Harkers Point on Harkers Island, one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit.

Tommy
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Tommy...

I am in.. going to call Lin tomorrow and ask him to put me on the lunch list. I will drive up in the AM on Saturday to Harker's Island, and will do lunch with y'all.

Really looking forward to meeting you guys!

Frank
Frank B
--------------
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Frank (both Franks) and anyone else interested,

My cell # is (919) 880-0832 if I can assist anyone with directions or anything else. Rendezvous organizer, Lin Spears, provided his cell # in the opening post of this thread; so feel free to call either one of us if we can help in any way.

Tommy
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Leaving this morning, so I may not be back online before Monday afternoon...

Cell # is: (210) 748-9345
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

you guys have a great time, enjoy
1968 hull # 316 - 757
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Since I will be driving can someone please give me a location for the Saturday lunch? Is this a catered deal in a place outdoors, in a restaurant, or ???

See you all there.. I am really looking forward to it!
Frank B
--------------
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

I have an headcount for all intending to join us and am happy to share that we will have one of our largest events ever and a full schedule with the new activity of climbing the Lighthouse at Cape Lookout. Also important is the fact that we have some new people joining us for the first time.

Cross Williams and Ann Maxwell are working hard on the final details for the dinner and lunch events which their respective families host, and I want to express my appreciation to them and their families for opening their facilities to all of us. Few people will get to see Carteret County in the way that we will this weekend.

Now for a bit of housekeeping. Friday 6:30 at the Causeway Marina. Beer, Wine, Set Ups, and dinner. BYOB otherwise.

The same for Saturday. Ann will have beer and sodas as well as lunch. Bring some of your own refreshments as well and especially refreshments for travel and time at Cape Lookout. If you are arriving by land….shoot for 12:00 arrival.

We have a capacity group for Cape Lookout at 52 RSVP. Because of the time needed to climb and the size of our group, we need to be heading to the Cape at 8 AM, meeting in the no wake zone in the turning basin at 8 AM. I have Ann and Jim Maxwell and Jerome Creech meeting us with small boats to ferry people on to the island.

OF SPECIAL NOTE: Children must be 44 inches tall and we all must wear closed toe shoes….flip flops, etc can pose tripping danger. Please get this message to all crew and guests. This is from the Park Service.

We will depart Cape Lookout (I hope 10:30 to 11:00) once everyone has made the climb and will plan to meet others to run to Harker’s Point at 11:30 at the rock jetty behind Shackleford Banks at the bath house and the junction cut to the North River. The run to Harkers will take 15 minutes max from here.

If any of you need me, do so today. Tomorrow and Friday, I will not be on computer….call my mobile.

Travel safe and I’ll see you Friday PM.

Lin Spears

RAPSCALLION WSM4688 – RAPSCALLION- CH16 – “standing by and proud” !

910-256-7156 Direct

910-228-8456 Mobile

800-310-2006 Toll Free

866-701-6496 Facsimilie
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
jrhaszard

N.C. 2011

Post by jrhaszard »

What a beautiful couple of days.Weather,scenery and North Carolina hospitality. The nicest bunch of people who are gracious hosts. A truly wonderful time.How life is meant to be.
BERG1847M80F
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

A great day, a great location, great hosts, great boats and great people. What more could anyone want?

Thanks to everyone involved!
Frank B
--------------
buzzk

Post by buzzk »

It was a great rendzvous. The weather was perfect. Thanks to all the hosts and people that put it together.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

let's see some pictures!
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Steve,

I trust that you found the slide show on the new thread below titled "2011 NC Rendezvous on 6/4". It was a blast: great people, great boats, great setting, great weather and great food.........as John Haszard stated, "how life is meant to be"!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Tommy,
I did see the pics. All those 31's sure look pretty together.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Bertram Bill

NC Bertram Rendezvous pictures

Post by Bertram Bill »

I'm a newby to the website -- somebody please point me to the link to the pictures of this past weekend rendezvous!

Thanks!
:?:
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Frank B
--------------
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

sorry - i jumped the gun and should have posted the pics here. wasn't thinking clearly. Bill
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315