Holtz Boatworks News Release

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Fishin Tom
Location: Stuart, Florida and Holtz Boatworks, Southern New Jersey

Holtz Boatworks News Release

Post by Fishin Tom »

To compensate for the up and down Marine Industry we have just set up Soda Blaster of South Jersey.

We have purchased the latest technology, Buster Blaster,which features crystal Baking soda of several different grits. It is fast, "green friendly", we like trees, birds and enviroment, and does not destroy the gel coat like sand blasting. Our Setup is portable, and we are awaiting the arrival of the Dust containment tent which will attach to boats to prevent overspray of dust and materials.
Remember you can do all kinds of parts, engines for repaint, transmissions, running gear as well as bottom paint removal.

Specials prices available to all Bertram 31 Members at our facility, Marmora, NJ
A contribution to the Web site will be made for each project blasted.

This is a reeeeley good technique. Tom Oakes, Holtz Boatworks
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Tom, Soda works great...a local guy has done a lot of work for me including a 56 Mack B model. Soda leaves a film that inhibits rust from forming...lesson I learned the hard way on the Mack was neutralize and clean thoroughly BEFORE painting...my painter did not like the idea of washing bare metal...one year later on a humid day...soda soaked up H20 and bubbled up from underneath...lets say I built he Mack twice...painter made good...and blaster guy reblasted it for 0$..lesson learned..soda is great product...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?