The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

He built the sandbox and allowed me to play in it, thanks Capt! :-D
Looking for my next boat!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

When I saw the first post of this string I thought I would not respond, because my comments would probably seem trite, oversimplified, and just reiteration of things others would say. I also try to tread carefully in this forum, because as one who does not own a B31 I feel while I am a frequent guest here, technically I am not a “related by birth” family member. This most certainly isn’t because anyone here has made me feel unwelcome, in fact it is just the opposite, but when I first came here I realized there was a large group of great guys who had been communicating with each other for quite a while, many of whom had met each other in person, and all of whom shared a deep passion for a different boat than mine. But, as I soon found out, this place is unique.

This is a place where honest disagreement is respected, where lessons learned about boats and sometime even life in general are passed about freely, where help is offered to regulars and newcomers alike, and where I can find “no BS” answers, suggestions, and comments about things that are important to me in my boating as well as non-boating life.

It is difficult for me to believe that this place could have just developed without a leader whose character sets the standards that are present here today. It is sort of like having to move a metal object from one place to another.. you can hook a chain to it and pull it where you want to go, or you can push it with a stick from behind.. both of these techniques are sort of brute force cause and direct effect actions.. but here I don’t see this.. what I do see here is a guiding force that moves things along in a general direction, but without dragging or pushing directly.. it is more like taking a magnet and using it to move something in a general direction but without applying a direct force or connection to it. This overall subtle approach allows each of us here to contribute what we know, express our sincere feelings, and exchange information freely, knowing that others, even those who don’t agree with us, will still treat our opinions and comments respectfully. This place is sort of like a comfortable home!

Captain Patrick is the reason this place is what it is today. This is what he has done for me.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Although I am a few feet short of a 31, it doen't matter. Everything I learned about the breed I learned here. My boat would still be on blocks if it were not for all the knowlwdge jammed into the site.
It's also the laughs. Coming here and reading is like going to your favorite hardware store. You never know what you are going to walk away with.
I hope to meet more of you in person in the future. If there were ever to be a gathering in my neck of the woods I would do my best to attend. It is long overdue for me. Bimini anyone?
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

He has given me an opportunity to be a part of this forum that has expanded my knowledge of these fine boats and has been there (whether personally or by other members) for any question I have ever posted.

THANK YOU!
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
opunui

Post by opunui »

Capt'n Pat has given me alot of very useful information...some of which i thought mine where better. I am still paying dearly for being stubborn.

Now when i ask i will always follow his instructions.

Thanks for everything..

Aloha, Bobby
------------------------
1977 Bertram FBC 1688 M77L
coolair

Post by coolair »

I kinda have been away for a while, very busy with life.
I dont do the whole forum thing, ya i am a memeber of a couple but post have been few and far between. Alot seem pretty corny to me, and thats just my opnion. This is not one of those sites.
Besides the obvious.. the wealth of knowledge and place to share, the fact that if I needed too i can open of a full instruction manuel with pictures for my boat when ever I need. The fact he has talked to me on the phone explained things and just BSing all of which he probably should have sent me a bill for.
He inspires me. His craftsmanship and that of many others on this website, though frustring when trying to duplicate is how things should be. Not just on your boat but in everything we do..not only are his boats works of art, so are his ponds, parts, instruction manuels, whatever he does. When ever I do something now, i want it to not only be functional but look good as well.
Thanks Capt.!
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854