Classic American success story

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Classic American success story

Post by CaptPatrick »

For those of you in the N.E., here's an opportunity to visit a continuing legend. Don't know if my good friend Michael will be there, but probably...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a classic American success story: three self-made brothers rise from humble beginnings to create the finest sportfishing yachts the world has ever seen. With simple hand-tools and a dream, the three Rybovich brothers, Johnny, Tommy (my dad) and Emil splashed the 1947 Rybovich Hull #1. Little did they know, but the launch of Hull #1 would soon spark today's modern sportfishing industry. Since the company's founding in 1919, Rybovich has enjoyed the status of being one of America's oldest and most celebrated boat works in America.

I'm thrilled to announce—after what seems like an agonizing delay—that Rybovich is now building boats again! Having carried on the family tradition of handcrafting the world's finest sportfishing boat for the past quarter century, my cousin Michael announces the launch of Michael Rybovich & Sons Boat Works.

In partnership with friend and longtime Rybovich customer, Larry Wilson, the two purchased the old Palm Beach Gardens E&H Boat Works to continue the 92-year boatbuilding legacy. Michael will soon be working shoulder-to-shoulder with his son Dusty, a new graduate with degrees in naval architecture and marine engineering from the prestigious Webb Institute—the first Rybovich to be formally trained in naval architecture.

To celebrate both the launch of Michael Rybovich & Sons and the iconic boatyard's 92-year heritage, a half-dozen vintage Rybo's will be on display at RyboRendezvous #3. This exciting display of my dad's finest creations headline the Antique and Classic Boat Show at Mystic Seaport Connecticut the weekend of July 22

The entire Rybovich family is delighted with the launch of Michael Rybovich & Sons. No doubt the three Rybovich brothers 'upstairs' are smiling today as Michael and Dusty carry on the great family tradition. Hope you can join us in celebrating nearly a century of Rybovich boatbuilding passion!

All the best,

Pat Rybovich

jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

I am going to try to make that trip.
Webb is a great school.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I could and will sit for hours reading and flipping thru the pages of boat history.

The Mystic Seaport Rendezvous is a weekend before our Greenport Rendezvous....am I right???

That would be a cool trip.........

hb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Nice to see the old E & H boat works get new life after sitting dormant for so many years. They used to turn out some nice stuff and my daughter got her first taste of the marine industry and what dad had to put up with by working there.

Its gonna need some work to bring the place back to workable condition but great.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

That is great news...the Rybovich family should be proud...they wrote the book when it came to innovation and quality...I will be there...every time I see a Rybovich in person I am in awe at the simple beauty of each boat..nothing out of place...America needs a family and company like that to show the rest of us how its done. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Bruce,
E&H was one of the first yards to do keel-up rehabs on B31's many years ago. He would use them to keep the workers busy in the off season. I was told that Chris was partners with the late Dale Earnhardt who kept his yacht Sunday Pay behind his house on the next canal. Any truth?
Harry
coolair

Post by coolair »

yall look at pivtures of his last launched? wow

if you look the have pictures of the construction process, what is the type of wood they are using for like the keel and the planking
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854