2011 North East Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

gplume

Post by gplume »

Brew.....looks like I'll try for C3 +/- 2. Krys will need to make sure you don't catch scurvy.

Steve- Definately wife friendly event.....my wife actually looks forward to the event every year, especially now in Grrenport as there are shops ect to go poke around in. I want to hear some Hopetown surf stories, so looking forward to your attendance.

All- I believe the total shirt order I did in Pt Judith was around 100. I have compete data on all the sizes ect. That said , its a custom order, so it depends on who orders the year you do it.

Looks like everyone is jumping in on the shirts. Thats fine, I'll step back. If you get stuck let me know, I'll jump in. Given the economy of 2009, I could not finalize the order until just before the evnt as everyone was late with thier comitments. I picked them up the Friday of the event and brought em by boat to the event. A little "white knuckle", but it worked. If I do them, I'll use the RI outfit I used before,,,I liked how they took an idea and added some value. To me they did a good job, and got the job done in time with short lead time. Good folks as far as i was concerned. Got an idea for this years shirt (may meet somones wish/////but its not the cover of the Rolling Stone)....but if someone else does it thats fine also. Bob- If I get the nod on the shirts, then, I'll tap you for some help.

Il'll say one thing.....put the whole short order on my personal credit card. Not one person stood me up, so we have a very forthright bunch of folks in this little sandbox.
Giff
Harv

Post by Harv »

gplume wrote:Brew.....looks like I'll try for C3 +/- 2. Krys will need to make sure you don't catch scurvy.

Steve- Definately wife friendly event.....my wife actually looks forward to the event every year, especially now in Grrenport as there are shops ect to go poke around in. I want to hear some Hopetown surf stories, so looking forward to your attendance.

All- I believe the total shirt order I did in Pt Judith was around 100. I have compete data on all the sizes ect. That said , its a custom order, so it depends on who orders the year you do it.

Looks like everyone is jumping in on the shirts. Thats fine, I'll step back. If you get stuck let me know, I'll jump in. Given the economy of 2009, I could not finalize the order until just before the evnt as everyone was late with thier comitments. I picked them up the Friday of the event and brought em by boat to the event. A little "white knuckle", but it worked. If I do them, I'll use the RI outfit I used before,,,I liked how they took an idea and added some value. To me they did a good job, and got the job done in time with short lead time. Good folks as far as i was concerned. Got an idea for this years shirt (may meet somones wish/////but its not the cover of the Rolling Stone)....but if someone else does it thats fine also. Bob- If I get the nod on the shirts, then, I'll tap you for some help.

Il'll say one thing.....put the whole short order on my personal credit card. Not one person stood me up, so we have a very forthright bunch of folks in this little sandbox.
My shirt guy already has 2 previous shirts, plus the idea I have for the back of the shirt. If anyone else has thoughts about doing the shirts, speak up!!! I don't want to tell them to go ahead, and then someone else has shirts also.
Harv
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

What are you thinkin for the back Harv?
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

A sedan
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

as long as theres a bahia mar right next to it...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
gplume

Post by gplume »

Harv-

Go for it.
Giff
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

one thing i never mention about the diner. i take it my crew was the only ones that went to the greenport brewery party celebration. they came to the table with this incredible harbor ale . they gave out quart mugs to the bertram crew . this year make a point of going to this great german style mico brewery,as a matter of fact go before diner and bring mugs to table .way to cool!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

now both of the girls have there masters plus teaching degree. they will still go to the mico brewery and come back half lit. thank you brother bob for helping them back to the tent!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harv

Post by Harv »

Whaler1777 wrote:What are you thinkin for the back Harv?
Trust me. it will be nice, and the "Princess" will be visible.
Harv
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Giff, maybe we do a Hope Town Rendevous in the future. The fishing is good, the water is crystal clear. My boat will be out there and there are a few other B31's already out there. One is the local charter guy on A Salt Weapon. One of my neighbors has a nice one. The guy that owns Snappas in Marsh Harbour has one with factory I/O's, which if nothgig will be interesting to check out. Maybe we could get Marlin to bring his Wahoo out there too. Just a thought.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Seachele would make Hopetown too!! sorry for the hijack
Bill
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

yep me too sorry if it was a hijack...we can start a separate thread or talk about that idea next year.

Back to Greenport and the Hamptons.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i reserved the same slip as last year c-2. i try to stay in the no drinking/partying area next to brewster apparently the girls did not listen to a word i said!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

So what's the deal? Show up on Friday and leave on Sunday? How much are the slips and when do I need to reserve one by?
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Brewster Minton

Some show on Thursday and leave Sunday. Should get slip soon. We want to take over the docks.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

peter on one of my fishing adventures i found a new way (coming from the west) out the moriches inlet . we will meet out side oakdale yacth and set your electronics for track and away we go.we go back in the shennicock inlet up the canal and on to greenport.reserve a slip for friday and saturday .best vacation you ever had for chump change. i would need a page to tell you things to do while in greenport.maybe you might want to go thurday . think about it and reserve now!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Brewster Minton

If Mom Nature lets me, I'm leaving Monday at midnite. Going to the trench Tue Wed then be in Greenport Thursday around 3pm. We will see.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

sushi off the teak gunnels... best ive ever had brew...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

We booked the same slip as last year also...now I need to get my butt in gear and get my ride done...finished knocking over the whitetails..Invited Harry Babb and family again as well...cant wait to try Brews sushi, and a few swigs of chilled Bertram juice...we check in on friday..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

What marina is it? I am going to book and this link gives info for all marinas in green port.

Bob that sounds good to me, that 5 mph zone along dune road is a killer as is the approach to get there from sea tuck cove. Hopefully we will have good weather as moriches can get nasty. I trailer out with the flats boat to moriches 10-15 times per year and it can get interesting getting out. It is also entertaining watching the bigger boats try to stay in the channel.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

pete mitchells marina leave a message for jeff, and he will get back to you
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

Mitchell Park Marina
60 slips, all have electricity hook ups & water. All slips are transient only, no seasonal rentals permitted. Reservations & information by calling Mitchell Park information 477-2200.

Contact Information
631-477-2200
Web Site
Map & Directions
Front Street, Greenport, NY
1968 hull # 316 - 757
neil

Post by neil »

we are booked for slip c3 right next to the supply of bertram juice
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

I'm in C-6
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Just checked the tide chart high tide at the CG station moriches is 12:52. If it's snotty outside.
gplume

Post by gplume »

C-5....

Think summer
Giff
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

peter i was approaching the moriches area last year and meet up with the charter boat "rosie" at least 60'. i follow him out where he turns southeast in the middle of nowhere between two east west bouys . i am looking at 6" of water 50' south of me but sure enough the is a 7' channel unmarked to the west side of inlet rocks. he went to the east side like 3' off the rock walls then a sharp turn along beach to the east.damm near in the surf ---some balls so i put the raymarine on track and have it in the gps .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Thanks bob!

I would first mention to any considering this route. The coast guard does not consider moriches a navigable inlet and it is not marked.

Some more on moriches, coming in the inlet is much more of a concern then going out, as you make a hard turn north to enter the jetties you can't see what boat traffic is in the inlet and there are often many boats drifting clams in the inlet. I've witnessed some scary stuff.

Once you are in the inlet the east cut is not marked and is very narrow but with decent sun is easy to see. The better choice is to take the west cut and come along the back of the spoils island. Going that direction is clearly marked even though the channel has a few hair pin turns and is narrow.

In regards to going out the inlet it is the same deal, the bar is maybe 100 yards south of the jetty you pass the end of the jetty but not to close as there are boulders below the surface. Head east or west for 500 yards and then straight out.

If it is a really nasty day the slower inside route is always an option and not as difficult as some think. Remember I have a flats boat so all my time is spent on all these sand bars so I know them pretty well.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

peter i was so surprised to see the fishing boat rosie that close to the east side of the jetty. pretty hairy but i follow his wake after calling him on the vhf. you say there are bouys marking the west cut from the point of the last jetty rocks on the north end of the west side????to the east west channel .other then the small port bouy at that point i didn`t see a damm mark of any kind until i was in the channel heading for the smith point bridge. we could have a parade this year following you . at least four of us coming from the west will go that route.incident a little pucker factor with my boat in the surf for those 500 yards along the beach before heading due south!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

The buoys on the back side of the island are moved all the time and sometimes moved during the season. They are currently doing some dredging in moriches so who know where we will be by august.

If you look at a chart you have to get from buoy 17 to 24 no gps or chart will help you although it is clearly marked When your on the water just before you hit 24 you will see a clearly marked channel taking you south and to the inlet. From 24 to the inlet is where I do most of my fishing when I'm out there. I will be sure to scope it out a few weeks in advance as I start trailerimg out to moriches after July 4th.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Jones Inlet here I come... Ill meet you guys on the outside...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

cmon john a 31 bertram sedan with 330 hp would have to be the most sea worthy boat ever built. lets go out the moriches inlet! i would challenge the coast guard RIB in 10' seas.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

I know first hand that those ribs dont go over 12kts in 4' seas.... well not without a severe internal organ beating...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Brewster Minton

Bayliners run on the inside!
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

So since the date is good for the tide in Morriches in the middle of the day looks like I'll go. If the tide had been like last yr then maybe I'd take a pass. The sand bars have a habit of running into me. The reason is that from where I am ( Bay Shore), I would have to go on the outside and this is 18 miles extra, going out Fire Island Inlet. That's 18 going out and the same coming home. Because I don't run at 38 knts like Capt. Lico, the trip is another 2 hrs. At 25 gals an hour that's like 200 clams. Clams cost a lot now.
However the Inlet poses some extra fun. I love it when I proceed out to open water and all the big shots are milling around with their three outboard engines hanging off the transome.
"Should we go??". "Holy smokes, look at this guy!" " It's a Bertram".
I gotta' tell ya that the trip home last summer from Greenport was just thrilling coming thru that inlet with the swells that went to eight ft as the water became shallow. Maybe the water went to 10'. Ten ft is better than eight ft,so it was 10'. There was a 65' open charter boat that was wallowing and almost broaching so much that at one point I thought that there wasn't enough room to pass. And the Inlet is not tight at all. Jees, he was all over the place.
Me?
I had the straight line Bertram that did just proud.
A/K/A El Gaupo
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

was that 65' open charter boat hull color red ? was it the rosie? i follow him out thru 8' and 10' waves . riding along the beach in the surf with 10' directly on your beam------------nice!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

The "Rosie", Bob? I don't remember. My short term memory is not that great. Ask me something that happen at Block Island around the turn of this century.
A/K/A El Gaupo
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

to come in the moriches inlet you should have a surfer dude with you!you start heading north like you want to beach the boat, and just where the waves break on the beach you make a 90degree turn to the west and go wot. on the back side of waves. the waves come in sets so you go slow towards the beach then make that turn while the big waves are building.then you make that sharp 90degree turn at the very end of the east jetty ,the rocks are right below the boat at mid to high tide.i then go diagonal to west side and tuck in along buoy on west side of jetty.coming in shennicock is just a matter of keeping the boat orientated to having a big following sea .keep the seas in your favor going in .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

OK ...
I have the disk from Charlie with the contact info.
In that none of us have infinite time (I was just informed of a wedding the friday nite that weekend that I must attend), so Saturday is my arrival....I think it best that we put together some committees to cover all of the needed areas.
As I see them, areas to be addressed are:
*marina/dockage - seems to be in order and moving along
*sponsors - I have disc from Charlie and will start ball rolling/could use help
*shirts - there has been discussion, who will take lead?
*tables/chairs - who will take lead ?
*tent - who will take lead
*Saturday night dinner - I believe Brewster has this, but possibly could use an assistant ?
I know I have poop for brains, so what did I forget ?
....and can we get some volunteers and names next to some of the tasks?
thanks.
Steve
bertramp1@aol.com
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Brewster Minton

I got the dinner done.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Ill volunteer to help dole out Brewsters cookin at the dinner....BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The major moneymaker for the site when I did Montauk was the "raffle". I'm sure Charlie has input on the last Greenport Rendezvous. Bob Fiorese did a fabulous job both for me and for Charlie. He's in Florida for the winter. Maybe he'll chime in if he's watching the site. As I have in the past, I'll donate six signed "Captain's Cookbooks" to start things off!
neil

Post by neil »

i booked the marina and will arrange getting the upstairs for cocktails fri night someone needs to step up for the tent and chairs
bobfioresi

northeast rendevous 211

Post by bobfioresi »

walter. i'll be happy to run around and sell the raffle tikets all i need is an address from charlie where to buy the blanks and how many.do you think its ok to sell them on the site agai,n in addition to selling them at the meet
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Bob ...
I have some of the 2010 data on a disc provided by Charlie, but I do not see anything regarding the raffle ticket blanks. maybe you can send him a PM.
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

do you think its ok to sell them on the site again
Absolutely!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

if i can scrape some crap off of my plate ill give you a hand, but lately they keep piling it on, iam not even sure iam going to make it this year
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Just ordered 500 50/50 raffle tix on EBAY.
Should have them in about a week and can ship some or all to whoever wants to help the process.
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Rumrunner

Resvs Made for Greenport

Post by Rumrunner »

Rumrunner has made resvs for the first week of Aug with Greenport.

If I can help with anything let me know.

609-731-8003
Capt Tom
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

Bob are you smoking this year ? does Delia ring a bell with you ?