Veterans day..

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

opunui

Veterans day..

Post by opunui »

Happy Veterans day to all.We appreciate all that you do and continue to do.

Aloha,

Navy-75-87
------------------------
1977 Bertram FBC 1688 M77L
randall

Post by randall »

every day should be veterans day. at least in the heart of a thankful citizen.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I have had the pleasure of helping out in a small way at a couple of events dedicated to our active duty troops and our vets. A greater bunch of men you will never meet!

Happy Veteran's Day guys!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I was a kid when WWII started. Was still a kid when it was over. Then Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq I, Iraq II and Afghanistan. I have found out through accident, research, reading and obituaries what many of my friends, relatives and co-workers went through in their service to our country. How they ever adjusted to a "normal" life is completely beyond my comprehension. My closest business associate (my last boss) was in Easy Company 101st Airborne that jumped the night before Normandy and I found out about it after his death when my son read "Band of Brothers" and found him in it. An Account Executive who worked for me was a pre scuba gear Frog man in Tokyo Bay before the end of the war and I only found out by watching a recent TV documentary on the subject where he was interviewed about his experiences. My Brother-in-Law won a Silver Star, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts in WWII before he was 20, and we cannot find out what he did because he refused to talk about it beyond "I'm not proud of what I had to do". My daughter's first husband, a Viet Nam veteran used to wake up screaming, but would never tell his wife why. We owe these people more than can ever realize. When we say freedom is not free, it is these men and those who did not come home, to whom we owe that freedom. A day of recognition and a day off does not do and say enough. I know several on this site have known that hell. Our "thank you's" would never be enough. Randall put it very well. We owe them every day. Walter
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Went to Pensacola Naval Air Station this afternoon to the Blue Angels night show....focus was veterans and veterans day....for me it was an emotional experience.......I salute ALL of our military! ! ! !

hb
hb
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

You're welcome my friends, it was an honor to serve with such an excellent group of Americans who value liberty and freedom and understand that neither is free and must be fought for and defended every day. Walter is right, to this day one of my uncles who served in Korea still wakes up screaming whenever there's any loud noise at night. War is not fun or exciting, just scary as hell.

I salute the veterans before me, those I served with for 20 years and those presently serving, including my oldest son. Thanks for remembering our own and our families' sacrfices!
Looking for my next boat!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Col Robert L. Howard Tribute

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8qyrPErF9Q?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8qyrPErF9Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Col Robert L. Howard Tribute
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

great story , great man special forces + from AL. what more is there to say -rest in peace brother
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Veterans Day, Gee did that just come and go!
Last edited by Chanse on Nov 15th, '10, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I missed that tribute on the news; thanks for sharing Patrick. A great man indeed.