little trip we went on sunday, not in the bertam, but still fun
Image[/img]
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Real nice, makes my mouth water
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Carl

Post by Carl »

As long as your out on the water...I don't care what your on...it beats working. Bring a few kids along that enjoy and it makes it all the better.

Nice catch!!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Wow! Thats some SLOW day.
randall

Post by randall »

really...whats it like when they hungry? nice!!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Nice catch there coolair. There are so many Snapper out in the Gulf right now, it might take you every bit of 15 minutes to catch your limit. You don't even need any special bottom spots to go to either, any public reef is covered up in fish.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Matt,
Please describe what ya'll did! We've had some great weather for heading offshore for awhile now. We were supposed to go on an overnighter to Boomvang last Fri., but the trip got cancelled...Drats!
Thanks.

John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Matt
Looks like a GOOD day to me......We are going out Sunday, hope we do as well.....

Great Pics....I really love to see the kids involved....cannot get that thrill from a video game! ! ! ! !

hb
hb
billyo

Post by billyo »

well done..Looks like a great time was had by all.
New member of the Bertram clan.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

what are they, we catch queens off memorary rock in the bahamas in 775' of water deep dropping {MEAT FISHING} whats the technique u use, bottom fishin is my favorite
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

RED SNAPPER
coolair

Post by coolair »

big beautiful red snapper!!
thanks guys was a great trip and fun was had by all. i feel so fortunate to be able to take my kids out to do this. defentaly better than any video game, good luck harry!!
the gulf defenatly seems pretty full of snapper right now, so why there is a 2 per person limit i dont know. Ya i think we fished for less than an hour or so and had our limits.

John my brother and i got a wild hair, he and his son, me and my son and a buddy went 40miles out of galveston, i think it was about hundred feet, hook line and sinker with cigar minos he may or may not have a few secret spots. that totaly sucks your trip got cancled, the weather was great, alittle rougher sunday than saturday supose to be good this weekend too On a side note i did hear that the tuna were dead everywhere so you may not have missed much.
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Cunado

Post by Cunado »

Nice haul!! There's nothing better than putting the kids on some fish, great job! Got my son offshore for the first time this summer and got him into kingfish, jack crevalle and a black tip shark. Makes it all worthwhile. This weekends forecast sure looks good and his football game got moved to Monday. Hmm....

As for the two fish limit, don't you know they're endangered? In the Port A area oil companies are removing rigs with dynamite, afterwards 100's of snapper floating everywhere. It's funny how the feds aren't concerned about that. Supposedly planning to remove around 150 or so more rigs this year. Can't leave for structure because their lease says they have to return the sea floor to it's original state.

My business partner is off right know trying to catch a swordfish overnight. I'll let you know if they have any luck or good info. Haven't heard any good tuna reports either.

Brad
1972 Bertram 28 FBC
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Nice catch coolair...tasty fish....Harry hope you pile em up on sunday...Capt Bill Staff knows where they hide for sure..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Brad-To explain the Government's Policy on things like you mentioned, the management of the DEC, NOAA and NMFS. They are great advocates of hiring the handicapped (and putting them in charge of things they know nothing about).
fishlook

Post by fishlook »

We had simular luck Saturday in a 22' Panga 26miles out of Port Aransas. Beautiful day in gulf. Got the Red Snapper off a well head and the Dog Snapper under a rig.....my two boys and I...they'll trade fishing/hunting for anything!

The past couple years have been terrific for Snapper...... fishing with rod and reel or hunting with speargun. I agree they are everywhere.

[/img]
Jay Jones
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Two smiling boys, a black Lab, a bunch of fish and a sunny day!

It don't get no better than that!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

REAL NICE, thanks!
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
coolair

Post by coolair »

AWESOME! nice fish! its hard to beat a good ol black lab too.

ya the snapper are really really endangered. let me tell you. no body catches any. I read and article that something of the effect the scientest who measured the number of snapper in the gulf screwed up and basically there numbers were backwords, there are more fish not less and unfortunatly the laws were passed before they came to this realization.

ya blowing up structur is pretty damn stupid but cool. but can you keep the fish???
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

And today Alabama reports in....one incrediable day! ! ! ! !

hb
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

who is the cool dude with the shades-----a happy grandpa perhaps!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Very, Bob......very very happy.....one incrediable day.....low seas, first trip for the little blonde kid, Ben....he told me "Paw Paw this is most fun I have ever had"........fish just jumping in the boat....

A bargain at twice the price!! ! ! !

hb
hb
coolair

Post by coolair »

yep and there are those endangered snapper! that we aren't allowed to have, yet the commercial guys quota goes up every year
i hope u had something other than gator aid in that bottle!
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
randall

Post by randall »

harry.....pictures like that put a smile on everyones face....thanks!!
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Sometimes pics don't make justice.....see the pic with fish hanging under the Orange Beach Marina and then look at the one with Harry, his three grandsons and the catch of the day.........Super catch....the kids will never forget that!