Surveyor near North Myrtle Beach , SC

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

reel easy
Standing Member

Surveyor near North Myrtle Beach , SC

Post by reel easy »

I had previously posted a request for information on reputable boat surveyors near N Myrtle Beach and received several responses but unfortunately my account was accidentally deleted and I lost all the pms and posts. I would appreciate if anyone can provide me with recommendations again.

thanks
frank
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Reel easy...

I was wondering what happened to your earlier post, as I had answered it but saw it disappeared.

I live in Wilmington, NC, about 60 miles from the Little River, No. Myrtle Beach SC area. I would be happy to take a run down to check her out before you have to spend any $$$ on a surveyor or travel.

I also have contacts with a couple of good surveyors here, and would be happy to recommend one to you.

I suggest you drop me an email with your phone number and I can call you to discuss details.

Frank Bryson
IRGuy@aol.com
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Frank (in Wilmington),

I just spoke with Frank (in Fla). Turns out the boat he is looking at is my old 31, and I gave him the full skinny on her. She's been neglected, but I know what I put into her (and may buy it back if he does't pick her up...lol)

Rick
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Here is what i posted last time. That boat at that price is a steal. Good Luck.
I used Bert Quay in the Morehead area I think. I used him 17 years ago great to deal with. I think he also surveyed my dad B35 in wilmington. So he travels.
Heres his link.
http://www.carolinayachtsurveys.com/ser ... ntials.htm

Good Luck
Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I can be Frank with you other Franks, as long as you are earnest with me!

Interesting how small a world it is that we live in! Three Franks talking about the same boat.

Frank 1.. I will stand by and wait for you to make the next move.. if you want me to do a presurvey looksee just let me know.

Frank 2.. I have never been to Kill Devil Hills.. a part of the world I want to explore one day.

Frank3
aka IRGuy
Frank B
--------------
Bill Mckinnon

surveyor

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

You can call Niel haynes with Blue water surveyors and he will give you a price to do it. He has done my 31 several times. He is VERY through and plan on spending half the day. He is the best guy for a buyer and a nightmare for a seller. He is located on Johns Island his number is 843-559-2857

Capt. Bill Mckinnon
Johns island SC
reel easy
Standing Member

Post by reel easy »

Three Franks, a Rick and a Bill were talking about a boat ... Sounds like the beginning of a joke. jk

I want to thank all of you for your rapid feedback. With my account being down, I was unable to access the info you had previously sent so I ended up booking an engine and boat surveyor based on other recommendations I received. Everything is scheduled for this weekend so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Frank 1...

Sorry if I am hijacking this string, but I wanted to say hello to Bill McK. Bill.. we have communicated before. Neil is a good friend of mine.. he actually did 3 surveys for me on my B33. A long story for another time. He saved me over $5,000 when I bought "Phoenix". He is a great guy, and his wife is a perfect female equivalent to him. She is a sweetheart.

Neil is certainly thorough! In fact I am told that he does such a good job that sellers and brokers fear him. One broker in Charleston told me that occasionally he is referred to as "No Deal Neil" because so many buyers have walked away from boats after his surveys.
Frank B
--------------
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I used the following guy in the Carolinas:

J Peeples
843 795 1673
843 810 8615

He was thorough and decent to deal with. If he's not close, he will probably know someone. Please tell him sent by Steve Kelly
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Cunado

Post by Cunado »

I purchased a B28 last year from the same area and had it shipped to Texas. I used a gentleman by the name of Bernie Szetela (252)342-6455. I know it's only been a year but no problems have shown up that he didn't make me aware of. He also saved me from purchasing a problem. I remember he told me: "There are four kinds of boats from that era, Bertram, Hatteras, wanna be a Bertram, wanna be a Hatteras.

Good Luck.
1972 Bertram 28 FBC
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Frank #3(IR) This is not the time to come up here too many people.

Frank #1 Good luck with the boat.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Capt Frank...

I know what you mean! I live one mile north of Carolina Beach!
Frank B
--------------