MBGFC Labor Day tournament

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

MBGFC Labor Day tournament

Post by kipp »

Any of the faithful fishing this one? Targeted Species is,and this year we are NOT going to run all the way back to our honeyholes off the river. Our billfishing has been SLOW,and blue water way south.
Anybody have any suggestions on where we ought to head out of OB.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Faithfully,
Kipp
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp-

I will be fishing! There has been a lot of billfish (whites a few blues) action on the Elbow. Have not heard of any big yellowfin. I am deciding on Friday (day of) after a look at some sea surface temp charts. I will definitely get in touch on Friday of the tournament and let you know any intel I have. Hopefully the hurricanes will stay at bay!

-ANDY
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Will your boat be in Orange Beach Marina?
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Hey Kipp,

Kipp the bite had been happening on the Nipple/131 area and on the Elbow, but the bite lately has kinda shut down within the last week or so some what. Right now there looks to be some blue/green water around the Spur area or just south of it...but will report back to you later.

Going offshore Wednesday and will give you all some feed back. There have been alot Whale sharks in close to the beaches as I had a friend on a 65 Hattress clippping along @ 26kts almost run over one Saturday within about 5 miles of P'cola pass. Just miss the biggen and caught some little Cobia off him/her...take your pick. So be careful if your running in from offshore as those biggen don't move so fast...also they been spotted off Orange Beach Pass also.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
kipp

Post by kipp »

Andy,
Staying at Phoenix on the Bay2,with a boat slip there.
Look forward to meeting you. I'll be getting there thursday. my cellphone is 225 268-5617. Give me a shout,and thanks.
Kipp
kipp

Post by kipp »

Doug,
Thanks for the info.
Let me know how ya'll do.
Kipp
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp-

WILCO
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,

Fished on Wednesday between the Nipple & the Elbow, if you draw a straight line on your chart from P'cola #1 sea buoy to the Elbow, real clean green water, I put the lines in at 7am West of the Nipple and right off the get go a 40# hooter in the bag, 25 minutes later following that same line Blue Marlin 300# caught & released then fished on down to the Elbow, lots of flyers and sea turtles and there were 2 Whities release on the 100 fathom line between the Elbow & Nipple by some Orange Beach boats fishing yesterday and also caught a 25-30 cow Dolphin N.W. of the Nipple. There was some blue/green water showing up just below the Spur, but to far for a 1 day go get'em and get back in time, But after the rain today and storms that coming up out of the Gulf, will see what the pictures will show for tomorrow.

Call me on my cell 850-525-6126 if you get time and we will talk.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

DQ-

Thanks for the report.
kipp

Post by kipp »

Doug,
Appreciate the info.
What about a Cobalt rendevous thursday evening?
Anyone else interested?
Kipp
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,
I got your cell and will let you know about Thursday @ Cobalt's.

Andy your welcome, are going to try for Thursday?

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp, DQ-

I will if able to get away from work.

-Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp-

Looks like we just have a few more days. I cant wait to get away from work and do some fishing. I will be getting to Orange Beach around 2pm Friday and will give you a call and let you know my crews plan.

-ANDY
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

DQ-

Are you fishing the tournament?
kipp

Post by kipp »

Andy,
Look forward to meeting you. Call when ya"ll get to OB.
My 24 yr old daughter and 19 of her nurse friends will be there,and I'm supposed to take them boat riding friday. However I bet my son and his buddies end up taking them. He had a great trip this past weekend- wahoo,yellowfin,dolphin,2 swordfish and a white. Got us thinking about running back to our home turf. Any reports from over your way. Watching the wave out in the Atlantic,and hope it leaves us alone.
Kipp
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andy,
No not fishing the tournament, but if everybody's going to Cobalt's for Dinner, might meet up with ya'll and yak a little bit.

DQ

Kipp,

There were so many boats out there fishing this past Saturday from the Nipple to the Elbow from what I understand you could have walked from boat to boat and had drinks with everybody. It looked like a Tournament was going on but not. The bite slowed down a little, but with so many boats bouncing that area of water, it probably drove the fish down. My guess.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp-

Does port eads have fuels?

-Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Kipp-

Looking at the ROFFS report for today it looks like over in your area is hot. Chandeleur Valley has 5 days of favorable conditions but then again its just a piece of paper with numbers. Ill let you know what they send tomorrow.

-Andy
kipp

Post by kipp »

Andy,
No fuel at P.E. Sorry
Still not sure where we will head, but will advise.
Kipp