Anybody familiar with the Riviera section of Ocean City?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Anybody familiar with the Riviera section of Ocean City?

Post by Bruce »

How's the bay fishing around this area?
Mack

Post by Mack »

John F. would know. He fishines OC often.
FWHaas3

Riviera section of Ocean City

Post by FWHaas3 »

I am familar with the Riviera section of Ocean City. So is Doc. We both live there. What do you want to know?
Frederick W. Haas
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

My brother just bought a summer place there on a canal.
Buying his first boat ever to keep out back. Knows nothing about boating, wants to howdy boat and do some bay fishing.

I'll be up next May when he takes delivery to go over handling and I'm looking for some info on the fishing inshore.

I recommended to him next year to hit a local marina and hire a captain to show him local knowlege.

If Doc hits the Lauderdale show, I pick his brain.

Thanks.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I knew a guy who had a smallish center console who fished the area for Fluke (our Summer Flounder) Bluefish, Striped Bass and Blueclaw Crabs. Walter
FWHaas3

Riviera section of Ocean City

Post by FWHaas3 »

Bruce: My son also named Fred Haas sells fishing taclkle in Ocean City and is very familar with the back bay fishing. Summer flounder is the mainstay of the back bay fishing. There are numerous good spots very close to the Riviera lagoons. Tell your brother to stop in at Tackle Direct on 9th Street and ask for Fred and he can tell him where the flounder are running on any given day. Fred's phone number is 609 602 1435.

The back bay waters are tricky if you are not familar with them. Lots of shallow areas where you can run into trouble at low tide. It's a good idea to go out a couple of times with someone who is familar with the area.
Frederick W. Haas
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Fred,
That's what I told him. I'll pass Jr's info to him.

BTW, my brother David is nothing like me. He's normal.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Bruce-

Not blowing you off--when I fish OC, its offshore. I don't know the bays. I have fished the OC inlet for rock (stripers), and it should be heating up about now. Livelining with spot is best, eels 2nd best--at least when we were there. Still looking for the Washington Post article.

John F.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Thanks John,
The only fishing my Brother has done is fly fishing. I'm not so sure how involved he wants to get. I know he doesn't want to travel far off shore to fish.
Boat is being built and won't be delivered till next April.

On the post, if he follwed the original context of our conversation, it was not really worth reporting. But as I have found before, they usually make stuff up or change the context. We'll see.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Tell your brother to bring an 8 or 9 weight flyrod with intermediate line and a few olive over white Clouser Minnow flies. He'll catch school Stripers in those back bay shallows. Walter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Guys,
Past on the fishing tips to David last night, also the contact info to Fred Jr.
He's very excited since the wife has had him nailed to decorator status since they got the place a month ago.
Although being a tear down and new construction, I guess there's alot to do.

Boat delivery is scheduled for April 15th. When I asked why, he stated a little sunshine on such a gloomy day.

Looking forward to comming up myself next year. Been a long time since I was in Ocean City. Dad built a house there in 54'.