Legal term????

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Legal term????

Post by Harry Babb »

Hey guys......

What does it mean to be arrested and charged with "Writ of Alias"?

Harry
hb
BCBertie

Post by BCBertie »

Remember that I am neither a lawyer or do I play one on TV...

From Black's Law Dictionary, Eighth Edition:

alias writ An additional writ issued after another writ of the same kind in the same case. It derives its name from a Latin phrase that formerly appeared in alias writs: sicut alias praecipimus, meaning "as we at another time commanded."

If I read this correctly, whoever was arrested was arrested by someone carrying out the alias writ (a writ is a court's written order commanding someone to do or not do something). Whatever the arrestee was charged with would be in the original writ.

Hopefully UV or the Judge will clarify things if I've messed them up.

Cheers!

John
kipp

Post by kipp »

Harry,
An Alias writ is a second writ issued in the same legal action, where the same writ issued initially was without effect.
Pretty boring stuff compared to Bertram talk,but good to hear from you.
Kipp
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

So does that mean that the arrestee did not carry out his punishment?....and the court is after him again......???

Harry
hb
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

What did you do, Harry?
Send me a PM, I won't tell.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Well it goes like this Andre'
We were having a little party.....when the cops showed up.....he told me that my eyes were a little red and asked if I had been drinking.....then I said...well your eyes looked glazed...have you been eating doughnuts again.

He left and told me that he did not want to come back to our party again.....well about 2 hours later he showed up again.....I reminded him of what he had said just 2 hours earlier.....I asked him just what he was doing....."you just told me that you did not want to come back again"! ! !

NAWWWWW! ! ! I am just kidding..........A young man that I know was arrested.....I read it in the paper.....and the charge was Writ of Alias, and I just did not know what that meant. I thought it was some sort of fancy word for a "Fake ID" or something.

Harry
hb
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Harry- I liked your story better. Walter
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

The last time I tried that with my younger brother (the Sherriff's Deputy) he whacked me on the head and said "respect mah authoritaaaaahhh". Some people just can't take a joke, huh? Is the shop still above water, Harry?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Kelly,
Today I missed another perfect opportunity. If DeNada were up and running I could have nearly driven her back to the river........man! ! ! its still raining.....and forcast to continue......I don't know how hight the river is right now but I am headed that way just to take a look.

As far as my repower goes, the engines and all of the major equipment have been dry fitted and last Saturday I took the engines back out. I am building the generator shelf, drilling and tapping the engine beds, sanding and getting ready for final painting then I will install the engines for good.

I'll never keep up with the grass now.......On Tuesday PM Chris and I mowed for the first time this year.
hb
scot

Post by scot »

Hang in there Harry, at least she will float if it's gets really bad.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0