Hey walterk?

Post by fred bortolan »

are you over near the Black Douglas
Ive seen it there for many years does it ever go out
It's all ways looks great, super clean
what is it used for??
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Mostly Fish Saturdays and chase Bass and False Albacore with a flyrod on fall late afternoons. Solid week of offshore in August, but you're right I have slowed down a lot the last two years as a result of both my hips going bad. Planning to have surgery one at a time over the winter so I'll be functional next year. Not looking foward to it. Thought I could make it through this season but it's not been easy. Gotta have a buddy with me otherwise it's too painful to do all that goes with a day on the water. Fishing alone as I used to is out of the question right now. Sorry I missed you. Walter
fred bortolan

Post by fred bortolan »

Walter good luck with the hip I know a lot of people that had it done and in a little time you'll back to kickin bass tail
What do they use that big Black Douglas for anyway???
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

He had it custom built in Europe somewhere and it's got it's own machine shop capable of making anything not buyable when they'd need it. He takes it to the Bahamas in the winter and I heard it also ran to Alaska through the Panama Canal. The owner's wife got terminally ill last year and the boat took her ashes out to the Point a few months ago. There usually is a live-aboard crew of one on the boat. You may see him working on it. If you do, don't hesitate to talk to him, he'll tell you anything you'd want to know about it. The owner's previous boat was moored there too. A magnificent old style Swordfish stick-boat painted battleship grey. It must have been 70+ ft. The inside was all mahoghany and teak-spectacular! I don't know where it ended up when Black Douglas appeared. Walter