Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Post by Dug »

JP,

Point made.

Dug
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Leaving Wed nite late for thurs fri overnite ending fri in Montauk at the yatch club to meet everyone. The bite is on. Good luck to everyone and safe trip to all that are coming.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Brewster you may see a 57 Bertram on the grounds by the name of the Crisdel. Capt's name is Paul- he's my brother.
I may or may not be on the boat (this working for a living stinks). The marlin bites been pretty good up your way. They'll be whitey fishin as a practice trip before we go to the White Marlin Open in Ocean City next week.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Simple Gesture

Post by Simple Gesture »

Ran to the Hudson Canyon sunday morning,(8/12), on my dads 31 Bertram "Happy Time" out of fire island inlet. Left the dock just before 1am and began fishing just before 6am. Started trolling down the east wall. Began marking bait just north of the elbow. Kept working the area and started landing some yellows. Went 5 for 5 on yellowfins between 35lbs and 60lbs. Last fish dressed out at 55 lbs. When that fish hit we also had another fish close to the same size crash through the spreader bar, but miss the hook. Amazing site watching the tuna crash the bars. Not much life out there yesterday. Saw some whales and dolphins on the way out of the hudson. Couldnt find any mahi under the pots.

John
Simple Gesture
Dug

Post by Dug »

John,

thanks for the report! Looking towards this weekend for a venture out...

Dug
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

I just got back from an overnight trip to the 100 square of the hudson canyon. We only got 5 yellowfin for our efforts but the trip was enjoyable nonetheless. All fish were taken on the chunk. They were all 50-70lb fish. There was a decent eyeball bite last night and this morning.

Chris
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Guys,
We ended up at Veatch. 5 yellows, 3 albies, many many mahi mahi. All the conditions were there for the monster bite; 8 degree break right on the west wall, bait stacked like I have never in my life seen, only four other boats seen during the entire trip. Yet a modest catch. We had a school of hundreds of mahi around the boat all night. We landed two yellows on the chunk. If not for the mahi eating almost every single piece of bait we put in the water, I feel we would have pulled many more tuna in on the chunk. We simply could not hold them under the boat with the &*^%$!! mahi around. Looking forward to the next trip!
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dug,
The weather for Sun/Mon. looks fabulous, inshore and offshore.
If you go and want crew, I will go. Call me soonest if you intend to go and want company.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

went to the 100 square pick up 3 yellowfin 70lbs class and during the day lost a 300lbs blue marlin at the boat. a novice cut the leader with the gaff---------------ouch after i took a hour bringing it in.at night under the lights saw a tiger shark next to the boat the girth of a garbage can cover about 12' long a monster.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Looks like we are going Tuesday morning for a overnighter weather looks good!! So far looks like maybe Dip area off deep anybody hear anything from this weekend??? I will let you all know what we find and hear!
Thanks Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dan,
There is a commercial guy out of B.I. (where I live) who will be returning from a three day trip either tomorrow or Tues. Email me your phone # and I'll call you with the latest info when he gets in. Chances are he is out east where we like to fish, but even so, fresh info is fresh info. I am headed out on Wednesday for an overnighter. What channel will you be monitoring and what's the name of your boat? If we head out to the west I'll try to raise you.
Steve
Brewster Minton

Big eye bite is on west wall hudson to toms boat got 7 for 7 , amany caught.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Brewster!

Just got my Evil Patriot via Fed Ex from Meltons. Very psyched to see it put to use!

Big Eye on the chunk or troll? How big? Nice work!!!!

What was the water temp out there? Pretty warm?

We are thinking about a midweek trip. We shall see... Trying to make the work thing work...

Season is short however, and that is the argument... Fun to have!
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

steve miller wrote:Dan,
There is a commercial guy out of B.I. (where I live) who will be returning from a three day trip either tomorrow or Tues. Email me your phone # and I'll call you with the latest info when he gets in. Chances are he is out east where we like to fish, but even so, fresh info is fresh info. I am headed out on Wednesday for an overnighter. What channel will you be monitoring and what's the name of your boat? If we head out to the west I'll try to raise you.
Steve
Steve sent the email Thanks.
As I told Steve we changed it slighly going Wed thru Thrusday better for Crew it was one wife's birthday you believe this B.S

Brewster 7 for 7 Wow way to go I will give you a call tomorrow will you be around and are you heading out again?
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dan,
I got your email and called you earlier before I left for dinner. I'm thinking that we will probably go to West Atlantis. The most consistent reports for good yellowfin and bigeye catches have been from there. Six bigeyes were taken this morning at Hydrographer by two different commercial boats. The bigeye bite is definately on, from Hudson to Hydro!

An interesting story: my friend Dean was out at the butterfish hole Sat. He harpooned a giant. It took all the line out of the basket, followed by the polyball, which sounded and did not come back up. He stayed out for a few hours, no ball, no tuna. Someone found that fish today, trailing the line and the ball, ALIVE. He called Dean and gave him the fish! 900 pounds.

Dug,
Where do you intend to head for? Keep in touch.

All,
I saw an ad for Reel draggin' tackle in the big game journal. I liked the look of their super slammer spreader bars with birds. When I emailed them to ask if it would make it to B.I. by tomorrow, they offered to send it overnight, no extra charge. When I described a bird daisy chain I have been experimenting with, he asked me for a detailed description of what I was trying to make, made one up, and sent it to me, FREE! I received the spreader and the daisy chain today. They are both beautifully made and look as if they will kill some fish. They have a limited number of high quality tackle, the prices are the best I have seen. I strongly recommend to the offshore afflicted among you to check out their website, www.reeldraggintackle.com . BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with this place; I just think they have great stuff at pretty amazing prices.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Steve and Dan and all,

We are out this evening into/through tomorrow. Leaving the dock around 4 pm.

Looks like we will be headed to the Dip/tails. It took us 4.5 hours to get back from West Atlantis, but I think we may head to the east of the combo when we are finally done looking at the water.

I will report back in when I hit the dock tomorrow, though I am guessing you guys will be gone by the time I am back. Feel free to try Alchemy on the vhf or call me on my cell if you think we will both be in range.

Good luck and tight lines! Time to put some tuna in the boat! I liked the marlin a lot, but it wasn't an eating fish...

Dug
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Dug wrote:Steve and Dan and all,

We are out this evening into/through tomorrow. Leaving the dock around 4 pm.

Looks like we will be headed to the Dip/tails. It took us 4.5 hours to get back from West Atlantis, but I think we may head to the east of the combo when we are finally done looking at the water.

I will report back in when I hit the dock tomorrow, though I am guessing you guys will be gone by the time I am back. Feel free to try Alchemy on the vhf or call me on my cell if you think we will both be in range.

Good luck and tight lines! Time to put some tuna in the boat! I liked the marlin a lot, but it wasn't an eating fish...

Dug
Ill give you a call on 68 will be heading out tomorrow morning.
Good Luck Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Dug

Post by Dug »

Dan, Steve, How did you do?

Brewster, it was great to talk to you, surprising you could hear me all the way from the tails!

Our final take was 1 mahi, 1 released mako, 5 albacore and one bigeye. First for that fish for my boat, so we are on a roll.

The bigeye was 56 inches long and 40 around. Biggest tuna I have ever seen myself, and easily the biggest ever on the boat....while I owned it!

Awesome! May go again this weekend. In the meantime it is now time for my 250 hour service...

Dug
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dug,
Nice going!!! We were between the tales and w. atlantis. No other boats, whales, bait, nice temp break with the cooler water over the edge. 0 yellowfin, 0 mahi, 15 albacore in the boat, with the biggest around 50 pounds plug weight. We bet the house on a bigeye bight..... oh well. I didn't hear that many people were catching yellows anywhere near us.

If you go Sun/ Mon., Dug, I'll go..... Let me know.

Anyhow, we had a great ,crew, fabulous food, and at least caught the s%*$ out of the longfins. We left the area several times to avoid the pack attack. one time we went seven for seven.

The new Reel draggin' tackle lures aquitted themselves well, especially the bird daisy chain. They are not for sale on his website, but he will make them up for you. The best producer by far was a bird daisy chain of my own manufacture, with a trailing bigeye clone.

Dan,
How did you guys do? Give me a shout when you get out to block, I'd like to talk about fishing, etc.

Steve
Dug

Post by Dug »

Steve,

That sounds like a similar and fun trip. I will call you tomorrow as things firm. I am still packing fish from Wednesday, and still recovering to a degree as I didn't hit the sack until midnight last night due to slicing and bagging. Liz, as usual, was amazing as help!

Sunday Monday looks possible, though I have not talked to crew, and have not checked weather.

I would love to have you on board!

We had another first i forgot to mention that made life fun. Your "pack" reference reminded me. We took 3 albies one at a time, and then had a quadruple knockdown. That was entertaining!

Got 3 of four on that blast. One was the bigeye...

Did you get the picture of the big mama?

Dan, how did you do? Anyone else going to be out there over the weekend???

Dug
34Hatt

I back

Post by 34Hatt »

I am Back got home about 8:30 last night after cleaning up.
Total count
3 Bigeye
3 Ablies
1 Mahia

Night bite was far and few had a yellow to the boat and the gaff came apart Bummed but it could have happen early on the Big eye's!!!!!
Lost another due too bad crimp had a shark chew thru a leader and another huge run off. This all happened after we started drifting around 2 am.
This all happen 14-15 miles west of the Dip 600 ft of water found huge pod of spinner dolphins and the bite was on.

It was good talking to you both out there Dug & Brewster.
Brewster I saw the Queen in Jacksons when I past its hard to miss her.

Well got to go load the Truck for Block Island Steve Ill give you a call this weekend and you have my cell I will be on anchor but have a Inflatable If you what to come hang out.

Will start looking for another window next week.
Oh and Dug sorry you missed by a day It laid down nice Wed night!

Everyone have a good Labor Day weekend
Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Dug

Post by Dug »

Dan, Glad it laid down. That is great!

Nice trip also!

sure does sound like the bigeye are to the west! Not the east...

Have a great ride to block, and a better time there! Maybe I will come out and harass you guys if we don't end up fishing for whatever reason!

D
Brewster Minton

It was nice to hear you guys out there. We caught 16 fish aalbies and one yellow and an eyeball(Chris Hs first). Packed out. Should have gone farther south west to the west wall of the Hudson. Huge eyeball bite there. Papa John caught 13 eyballs and many other boats did well.
Dug

Post by Dug »

13 bigeyes!!!!! Where in heck did he put them!!!!

How is the crack in his boat? You know, post whale?

Our fish was 56 inches long. 13 of them I would have looked like a pickup truck loaded with wood for the fireplace!!!!!

Definitely seems to be more bite to the west... How was chunk vs. troll Brewster?
Brewster Minton

troll was all albies one yellow, nite caught more albies and the eyeball. It shut off once the moon got up in the sky.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dan,
Great catch! Did you say you were west of the dip? All the reports I've heard except one have been heavy on albies and light on yellows. Very steady bigeye bight in west atlantis. The irie out of B.I. came in this morning from w. atlantis with two around 250 each. Steve Tempini on the seareba fought a 500 pound giant there for two hours and broke it off after it pulled the dart out. They said they were chunking with 50 pound flourocarbon!! Very few yellows around. We could have caught an additional 15 albies had we turned back around on them yesterday.

Can't wait to get out there again
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

steve miller wrote:Dan,
Great catch! Did you say you were west of the dip? All the reports I've heard except one have been heavy on albies and light on yellows. Very steady bigeye bight in west atlantis. The irie out of B.I. came in this morning from w. atlantis with two around 250 each. Steve Tempini on the seareba fought a 500 pound giant there for two hours and broke it off after it pulled the dart out. They said they were chunking with 50 pound flourocarbon!! Very few yellows around. We could have caught an additional 15 albies had we turned back around on them yesterday.

Can't wait to get out there again
Yes it was 14 miles west of the Dip in 900' of water have talked to other that did well out in that area that week. But now have to start looking for another nice window and try to find some again.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dan,
This seems to be the year of the bigeye. For everyone but me that is! I guess all I can do is just keep trying. Yet another boat came in last night from west atlantis having done well. The Island Girl, out of Jamestown, R.I. had eight albies, five yellows, and busted off a very large bigeye. They got the yellows up on the flats. We had our best bite in 450 feet the other day.

After having fished the dip or the tales on or near a weekend, I can tell you it's a whole different ballgame fishing to the east. Probably less than half the boats you find to the west.

I missed seeing you last weekend. It's the last hurrah out here.... gets crazy. Today it looks like a ghost town.
As always, can't wait to get back out there!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

steve don`t feel bad i had the same experiance.i fished overnight in the west elbow and everyone on the radio screaming eyeballs --------not us huge yellowfin on chunk and longfin on the troll running spreader bars.
one strange thing i must say on the way back to f.i. inlet we saw 5 differant marlin breeching and connected with one about 300lbs released at the boat after removing the purple mylar doorknob with jet holes .the smoker really works we had to tease the hell out of her to finally bite but still and all could not get the 200lbs eyeballs to even take a look.-----------bob
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Bob,
Huge yellowfins? 100 plus? how big? Sounds great. Looks like we are heading out tomorrow morning overnight. One more try at the eye. Can't wait......
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

steve you are a far more experiance fisherman than i so i can say in retrospect "yellowfin tend to stay on the warm side of the temperature break and dart into the cold side for bait fish"while eyeballs will come from the deep to ambush bait fish,this being said we drifted west to east across the west elbow to the east side of the canyon we should have set a drouge or pick off a pot.anything to keep us on the west side of the west elbow beyond the contour.i sound like a monday mouning quarterback but in reality we were happy pulling in those 100lbs yellowfin but with just the though of big eye in the area made a boaters cut loose a mako so he wouldn`t be tie up a few hours!!!
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Bob,
100 lb yellowfins are sounding mighty good to me right about now. While I was at the fuel dock in Pt. Judith this evening I heard about yet another boat that came in from W. Atlantis ( Jim Noonan's Midnight Rambler) with some very hefty bigeyes. They DRESSED at 260. Bunch of yellows too. We're headed out tomorrow.

When I get back in I'll have a report as usual, but I would love to see a discussion of what people troll, how many rods, types of lures, positions, etc. It seems like there's a lot of potential to learn from one another. I know some fisherman that enjoy going fishing with new crews so that they can see how others do it and extract all the useful info they can from the experience.

I fish mostly with the same bunch, and I am the one with the most experience, which is not necessarily saying much.

Anyhow, here, for your consideration is how we do it on the "Block Party" (I did'nt choose the name).

We run twelve rods. NO TEASERS! every rig has a hook in the last bait. No single baits. all spreader bars or daisy chains. Every rig has at least one bird. The only exception being the two flatlines which are hexhead or other small bait chains.(when we troll dawn and dusk targeting eyes we sometimes run single, LARGE baits). We run a stinger way back with a bird in front, the long riggers are usualy bird daisy chains (three or four smaller birds with a trailing bigeye clone or weighted green machine), the short riggers are similar( maybe a chain with a bird in front), and we run three spreader bars from the fighting post with only two rigs in front of them, the flatlines. We then run two more bird daisy chains or daisy chains with a bird in fron from the rod tips. We run less rods for bigeyes,troll between 5-6 kts. For yellows and albies between 7-8 kts.

For chunking at night I have always caught 5 or 6 times more tuna on the lines we let drift out with the current, the "working lines" as opposed to "dead sticked" baits run off a balloon. We never, ever give up on the chunk bite. Plenty of times the tuna start biting at three or four am.

I am fascinated to hear how everybody else does it...... come on, we all want to hear! spend a few minutes sharing how you work your spread and spread some knowledge around.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

steve we are pretty much the same.teasers like bowling pins, painted boat bumpers,and mirrored triangles just don`t cut it in the northeast canyons.i have a two reports about 5 hours old;11 yellowfin plus albies and mahi mahi east elbow and toms canyon 13 yellowfin from 52 to 105lbs.on the night chunk.
trolling i use 9 rods,two or 3 spreader bars off fighting chair and bend butts in the two closest to the stern rod holders.two skirted ballyhoo off the top rigger position and two naked ballyhoo or dasiy chains off bottom rigger i position birded chains directly (8') in back of spreader bars and in shotgun position a purple/black mylar doorknob or jet way back.i start with green and a clear/green squid spreader bars but changed to purple if condition call.the hoo`s also take eyeballs,marlin,and wahoo actually the perfect trolling attractor for anything.i do not rig for mahi or troll the pots they jusy come as a biproduct.-------------bob
Brewster Minton

I run two bars out of the corners with two singles just out side and one back just a little. Then two ilanders with hoo out of the short riggers and two pacula patriots out of the long riggers. Down the middle I run a bird with a greemmachine daisy chain way back. I run the Witchdoctor teaser up close under the chine wake 4 feet back. so that makes 11 rods. I have a couple more if it will help.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

All,
Thanks for the info on how you troll. I've been too busy and disgusted after my last (crappy) trip to post about it. The night before we left, coming into the harbor, the transmission shift link broke. We ended up high and dry! As in aground. No damage, all ok. Next morning, starboard engine won't start. Turns out we yanked a wire off the neutral safety switch dealing with the linkage. Finally get on the road. Choppy, slow ride out. Nice at edge. Boat won't make more than 18 kts. Put gear out. Lose Shimano two speed fifty and favorite spreader bar. Don't catch any fish. Chunk all night. No fish. Caught ONE squid. Put hook in squid, drop in water. Squid jumps off hook. Ay ay ay. None of the other boats caught that night. In the morning there was a slow pick, just not for us. No bigeyes taken that morning. (you should have been there the day before! everyone said.) Caught one albie, five mahis. Got on the yellowfins. Big brutes, coming completely out of the water upon striking, making holes the size of volkswagens. Swinging and missing. Not one yellowfin to the boat. Boat owner says time to go, he's nervous about engines not spooling up. We leave a developing bite of brutish yellows @ 11:00 am. Come home on one engine. Ouch!

I've since heard from the commercial guys out there that the chunk bite was phenomenal the next night......sigh.

As usual, can't WAIT to get back out. Dug, you free for a midweek canyon soiree? My old mate (captain slaughter himself) is in town, will go.
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

I fished the Hudson this weekend. Left Friday night at midnight and arrived home at 8:30pm Sunday. We fished around the 100 square and caught 21 tuna; 7 Yellowfin and 14 Longfin. The fish ranged from 50-80lbs. Some of the yellowfin dressed out over 60lbs. Highlight of the trip was having a 400-500lb swordfish swim right up to the hydroglow and past the transom of the boat. We also had a 50 lb longfin bitten in half by a very large mako. Unfortunately both the swordfish and the mako were not interested in any of our hook baits. The bite was HOT from 4-6 am. I will try and post some pics if I can figure it out.

Chris
CHolgerson

Mako victim

Post by CHolgerson »

Photo #1

CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Here they are.

JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

The fish Nazi's caused a charter boat out of my neck of the woods to spend quite alot of money to pay the fines for cutting his fish before they got back to the dock.
Nice catch, like the snark attack, why do they always go for the toro.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

We tried to bait him with a nice section of the same fish but by that time he was not interested. I am estimating the mako to be around 12-14 ft long. He was almost the length of the transom and we were on a 44' Henriques. The sword was just as long as the mako. I am guessing around 500-600lbs. Does that sound about right? We also released a white marlin. Caught a couple of tiles and had a mahi. We found a orange bucket on the ride in and when we picked it up there was a nice trigger fish in the bucket:) On a side note if you are in the hudson canyon be very careful approaching the lobster pots. Almost every one of the Barbara Anne lobster pots had several hundred feet of poly line hanging off of the ball.

Chris
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

on my god i was under the inpression they hung 15' to 20' off rope under the pot that is why we always approach the pot from opposite the current but with that much line out you are bound to screw something up under the boat!!!
steve i snap the starboard rigger off at the seam where the main pole meets the base,sank in 5 seconds---turn around and went home.the inlet was terrible sunday it must have been rough out there.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Chris,
Way to go! Nice trip! I once had an eighty pound sword swim up to the boat- I thought it was a mako because it swam in an agitated kind of way. It gulped a butterfish down and tasted great after it was grilled. The last large mako I caught weighed 440 pounds. It was nine and one half feet long. I can only imagine what the one you tangled with weighed. It renews my optimism to hear about such a great catch....just gotta get out there and do it again!!
Steve
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Bob,
We went Thur/Fri. Inshore was crappy and we were headed directly into the southeast wind. By the time we got to within ten miles of the edge, it had gotten pretty nice. Only us and six other boats at west atlantis. In the morning on Fri. a bunch of boats from the Hyannis tournament showed up. I hope those quality yellows are still out there when we go again!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

chis
theres been alot of talk about the pots with the poly line. definatly not the place to get your props wrapped up. if there doing it on purpose thats down right criminal, and they will probably run the risk of losing there complet set if it pisses the right person off
Brewster Minton

They do it on purpose because boats touch their stuff and drag their pots sometimes off the edge and they lose 10,000$. It is against the law to tie up on their gear. The law is not enforced. I tie up but it is their stuff.
Dug

Post by Dug »

I almost never tie on, as I am very cognizant of the cost of the gear. I would hate to screw it up for a guy trying to make a living. We did tie on during the last trip to the tails because it was so damned rough and I didn't have the sea anchor on board for that trip. Not my favorite thing to do however. We usually drift and are happy to do so.

Steve, the boat is getting its 250 hour service Wed/Thurs, and I am booked for the weekend running a rowing regatta in Mystic, CT on Saturday. Anyone in the area, come on over. It is pretty unique, as it is right at the drawbridge, and will be almost entirely Olympic and national team athletes. It is sprint racing in singles, so it is really exciting! Last year we had two dead heats in a row, neither of which could be called even using video. The rowing is first class.

Maybe next week. Sounds like you did have a lousy trip, that is for sure! And Chris, you clearly had the opposite! Amazing!!!!

Dug
Simple Gesture

Post by Simple Gesture »

Ran to the Hudson last weekend on my uncles boat the "Maggie D" a 29 Blackfin. Got to the tip around 530 and began trollin down the east side. Marked some bait around the east elbow and made a few circles but nothing was coming up to the surface, so we kept going south. Heard of some life south of us so we continued that way. Just before dark we trolled past a polly ball and all of a sudden noticed a 200' line hanging from the ball just about to go into the props. We all yell to cut the engines and the capt is able to just miss the line, lucky for us. We set up for the night just north of the hundred square.Caught 4 yellows and a longfin, plus 10 mahis throughout the night. Had all the squid you could ask for. Had two runoffs on the deep rod, no hookups, possibly swords. Pulled the hook a little after 6am and within 10 mins had a double header. After 45 minute battle landed two big eyes, 122 and 112. Great trip, little snotty at night, but laid down at daybreak. Would have updated with some action photos, but they are somewhere at the bottom of the Hudson Canyon with my Cannon Camera.

John
"Simple Gesture"
25 Bertram
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i saw you going out the fi inlet i have the ice blue 31.
last thursday report; yellowfin on the chunk would not touch butterfish,ok try live squid nada ok lets throw in the sardines--------------11 yellowfin much smaller then the prevous week like 50 to 70lbs.
warning don`t ever dress a tuna especially bluefin at sea, cost the owner of a very hot nightclub/restarant on the water a mind blowing 25,000 with all the legal help money can buy can`t shake it.fish nazi`s take no prisoners beware.livelining with slightly undersize fish --------there watching.
CHolgerson

FishTales

Post by CHolgerson »

I fished the Fishtales Thursday into Friday. Final tally was 9 tuna: 7 albacore and 2 yellowfin, a bunch of mahi, and one swordfish release. A big thanks to Brewster for getting me on his friend's boat. The boat was a pristine 46' Ocean with all the goodies, they spoiled me pretty good but it does not hold a candle to the ultimate fish killing 31' Bertram " The Cormorant Princess". Don't worry Brew: my blood is Bertram Blue.

Chris Holgerson

steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Chris,
Sounds like another good trip! Any night bite?

Dug,
My friend Marty with whom I fish, has some kind of stomach trouble and has to go off to the hospital on Thurs. That also happens to be the day we were going out overnight. It's not happening now.....I'm dying to go. If you go, I will come with.