BLUE HOST UPDATE

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

BLUE HOST UPDATE

Post by Bruce »

I got this from our hosting service. We should have no issues since Matt saved our site and updated it.

It seems I get more and more updating messages all the time.
But it's still computers and if someone forgets to throw a switch or leaves out 0 or 1 someplace we could be down for a short time.

I will be monitoring the site. If something goes down I'll get on it.

Hi Bruce,

In an ongoing effort to bring you the very best products and services, Bluehost is excited to announce that we will be upgrading our servers to newer versions of PHP. In addition to improved data processing, which can boost site speed and performance, you also gain increased security. Newer versions of PHP have more frequent security updates to help protect your site against unwanted hacks or malware.

When will it happen?

At some point during the upgrade window, February 22 to February 25, 2022, your account will be updated, and older versions of PHP will no longer be supported. You may experience a brief disruption in service, but we will work to upgrade your site quickly with the most updated version of PHP software your website will support.

Do I need to take any action?

To avoid a negative impact to your site, we recommend that you upgrade all of your web installations to the newest PHP software available before we move your account. Newer versions of PHP are already available on your current server, and you can set your site to use those versions with this helpful guide.

Before making any changes, please backup all your website files and databases.

We assure you that every effort is being made to minimize any impact to your site and ensure that your environment is restored to normal operation as soon as possible.

Thanks!

The Bluehost Team
ktm_2000

Re: BLUE HOST UPDATE

Post by ktm_2000 »

Bruce,

If we need another update, I can help out.....

The last time I setup a sub domain to allow us to test the upgrade while the main site was still running. We could leverage that and backup the prod database to test and promote the new version.

this week will be a little rough for me, time wise, I might be able to get to it next week.