My boat is full of water

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kaizmoto1489

My boat is full of water

Post by kaizmoto1489 »

Top 3 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners In 2021

Upright vacuum cleaners are still the best vacuum cleaner brands of all time. Although they are a bit heavy, they clean effectively from wooden floors to high-pile carpets. Fast cleaning and no storage space are also advantages of these upright vacuums.

With so many models and prices, you'll be confused as to which machine is right for your lifestyle. Today's article will suggest to you the top 3 best upright vacuums that receive many positive reviews from users.

The 3 best upright vacuums in 2021

1. Shark Rotator Professional Upright Vacuum - Best overall

Shark is one of the best vacuum cleaner brands with high-quality models. There are many options for the Shark Upright Vacuums series, but we are sure that this Shark Rotator Professional will satisfy you.

This is an all-in-one model with strong suction suitable for cleaning various surfaces, including carpets, rugs, and wooden floors. Together with a 15-pound weight, the swivel nozzle and 25-foot power cord help you clean large areas quickly.

The Shark Rotator also has a HEPA filter that removes any allergens. This is the model with the best overall and would be a great choice for any family.

Pros
  • HEPA filter
  • Can be converted into a canister vacuum
  • Versatile accessories
Cons
  • Easy to congestion
2. Flagship Dyson Ball MultiFloor Upright Vacuum - Best for pet hair

If you are a pet owner and want to find a machine with strong suction, then the Dyson Ball MultiFloor is the right choice. The appliance has a brush designed to be suitable for both floor and carpet surfaces. Along with the bristles that filter and absorb the strands, the hair helps to limit tangling the brush.

Flagship Dyson uses Radial Root Cyclone technology with a deep cleaning motor. Moreover, it also has Ball technology for flexible movement and a HEPA filter system that traps all allergens. Flagship Dyson Ball would be a great choice for animal lovers and allergy sufferers.

Pros
  • Strong suction
  • HEPA filter
  • Flexible
Cons
  • Expensive
3. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo - Best bagged

If the bagless models only hold little trash and have to empty it often, the bagged Best Vacuum Cleaners will fix this. The Hoover T-Series is a trash bag model with many highlights that we would like to recommend. The machine has a large capacity garbage bag and is easily removed by replacing it, limiting contact with dirt. Suitable for people allergic to garbage and dust.

In addition, with 5 height adjustment modes, Hoover WindTunnel can clean from thick carpets to wooden floors. Combined with a 30-foot long power cord to clean room to room without worrying about sockets.

Pros
  • 5 height modes
  • Long power cord
  • Strong suction
Cons
  • Heavy (20 pounds) and a bit noisy
Above is a short top 3 upright Vacuum Cleaner Reviews voted as the best vacuum cleaners in 2021. Each product will have its strengths and be suitable for many different lifestyles. Hope you will choose the right vacuum cleaner, bringing a clean and fresh living space.
Last edited by kaizmoto1489 on Dec 20th, '23, 03:30, edited 6 times in total.
Rocky

Re: My boat is full of water

Post by Rocky »

Hi Kaizmoto,
Welcome to the site!
On my '70 FBC, it was in the "belly" of the boat, midships and slightly to Starboard side very near fresh water tank and forward of it.(Long Bronze Handle). The 31s did not typically have a stern garboard drainplug.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

What Rocky said. Mid ship in the cabin. Mine lines up with the refrigerator.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

kaizmoto1489 wrote: May 24th, '21, 21:19 Hi everyone,
Is there a drain plug in a 76 FBC?
I thought I saw one but now I can’t find it. Damn boat is filling up with water.
where you located? is the boat yours? or caretaking? For Sale?
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Depending on whether you pull the boat in the winter, and also, depending on where you store it (trailer, blocks, ...) you will have to monitor how it stands.

If you're like me and you store it on barrels and wood blocks, I purposely give it a bow proud stance and always remove the stern gar board (that was already there), so any rain or other water flows through freely all winter long.

If you store it in a more horizontal position, like on a trailer, you can use what Rocky and Tony said, the amidships through hull.
I had one and plugged it shut, because actually the deepest (lowest) point is inside the cabin by the galley, and I didn't really want to drill there another hole.
You also have to see if water from between the engines goes into the cabin; if it does then the amidships through hull is not useful.
I find the stern plug most useful, especially when I clean the boat, all water goes aft and out.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

It should have a midships drain as stated, but you can also drill a hole in the transom for a garboard plug. You probably should connect it to the bonding system before you launch.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Excess water in a boat builds up an awful lot of weight that is not getting evenly distributed when on stands or the like...not good for the boat.

Look under for the fitting...can't find one it's time to break out the drill and make your own. Make sure it's in a spot the water will drain and you have inside and outside access to. As said in transom low down can be a good spot.

Welcome aboard!

Carl
Preston Burrows

Post by Preston Burrows »

Gotta cover this one...........is the boat on land or in the water? Careful pulling any plugs if in the water!
Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Don’t forget you can keep the bilge pumps powered up as well.

I had my bilge pumps powered up while on stands at my buddies shop. Walked by while it was raining and got hit with a stream when the pump started up. (I’m lucky that way)

Where I kept my boat I just kept them powered up even though the drain plug was out just in case debris obstructed the drain plug. We were working on it outside around trees.
Carl

Post by Carl »

DanielM wrote: May 26th, '21, 00:23
I had my bilge pumps powered up while on stands at my buddies shop. Walked by while it was raining and got hit with a stream when the pump started up. (I’m lucky that way)

LMAO - - Me too! I could be the only person in a 50/50 and still lose.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

the depraved individual I am...

I get great satisfaction when trailering the boat and the bilge pump kicks on and shoots water 10' out from the side of the boat. I've yet to give a blast of tasty bilge water to a convertible car with it but have definitely got a few cars with the juice.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

LOL!!
Maybe an old man on the corner of a crosswalk!
My Seaswirl has done that.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

Go Ahead, Make my day, Pass me on the hill because I am not speeding enough. Water moves back to the transom and kicks the pump on :)