A New Chapter for this 31 and Thank You to the Group

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ranjr13

A New Chapter for this 31 and Thank You to the Group

Post by ranjr13 »

This is a day I have not looked forward to. Below is a screen shot of the track on AIS of our Bertram leaving Connecticut this morning for a run to her new home in New Castle, NH. Image.

Seeing it at the dock with it's name removed showed it was ready to move on to yet another caring family who will no doubt make wonderful memories aboard. Image Image.

I was welcomed into the sandbox by Capt. Pat himself, even had a phone call to set things up and chat for a while on the value of the group and how it helped each other achieve dreams, give confidence to take on projects, and be the best stewards we could be to honor the Bertram 31 legend. I hope I've done that in a small way through some contributions in this group, and by taking a very nice 31 and making it even better. The next stage of my "boating career" will likely be a slower more comfortable cruiser, but will definitely have things like quality, longevity, practicality etc. traits of a Bertram. I will also likely be a part of that owner's forum/group to help support others wherever possible.

A major thank you to those in this sandbox who have helped me, inspired me and encourage me to go down this wonderful path of Bertram 31 ownership. They say the two happiest days of your boating life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Absolutely not. I'll be watching the AIS fade across southeastern New England, go through the Cape Cod Canal, and move onto it's next home cruising ground with feelings as if a cherished and loved member of the family or close friend has moved away. All my best to you all, be safe, and enjoy every minute you can on your boats.
Bob Norton Jr.
"Dalmatian - Essex, CT"
1964 Bertram 31 Soft Top Express
PeterPalmieri

Re: A New Chapter for this 31 and Thank You to the Group

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Nothing lasts forever, good luck with the next chapter.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

You can still hang around and show us your new boat, whatever it may be! Once a Bertram owner, always a Bertram owner, right? Don't be a stranger. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

...now what if he shows up with a sailboat, bubble boat or a hatteras?

Kidding of course, yeah stick around and let us know what the new road brings.

Good luck with whatever you get and congrats on selling the ol' gal.

Does the new owner know your stalking him?
He must have faith in the boat taking the outside.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

great memories of meeting you at one of our rendezvous. you docked your boat next to my boat (Phoenix) and had a grand old time. perhaps in the future you might want to attend another rendezvous and have a drink on my boat the invitation is always open.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Bob:

Great to hear that nice boat is going to a good home. We met in Cuttyhunk a few years back. I was with my family on our B28 and we talked Bertrams for a bit. Be well and good luck on your next adventure.

Mark
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Bob,

Good luck with your next boat choice.

Why not give us a price indication (so we can tell whether it be a Nordhavn or just a sailboat, as they both are slow), some boat size, and perhaps a manufacture date and let US guess your new boat!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Once you join this family you are always family. So joining in discussions no matter what you own are always welcome. Keep us posted on what the future holds for you.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Bob,

I saw your boat on Sunday. We’ve never met but I knew the listing and, when I saw her on Sunday from our own 31’, I thought I recognized her. It’s nice to have another 31’ in town- we keep our boat not far from where yours is moored.

Hopefully I’ll meet the new owner. A sad day, I’m sure, but folks who buy B31s are usually in it for the right reasons: they love the boats and want to be a steward for an iconic piece of boating history.
Max
Dug

Post by Dug »

Good luck my friend. Come visit here in the future. Tough day for sure.

Dug
Nidugo

Post by Nidugo »

Good luck with everything you are going to start. I used to have Bertram when I lived in property in Cyprus here but I moved to another country due to work and had to sell it
Hello