Miller Time

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bob H.

Miller Time

Post by Bob H. »

Last thursday I chartered the Miller Time out of Pt Judith RI. Capt Fred Miller runs a 1969 31 Bertram Bahia Mar that had been repowered this past winter with a pair of 225 Volvos. Cruised in the mid twenties, caught a load of fish blues and keeper bass.. the best part was the ride home...it blew from the north east 20-25 knots, seas were 6-10' and close together at the North Rip, that boat went right through it...great motivation to get mine done...
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Front facing or rear facing Volvos?? Yes CMP, I'm showing my ignorance but Timmy said he was running the place while Capt. Pat and UV were away. I should be OK with this.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Terry, Volvos faced forward...Electronic shift and throttle..One engine had a few gremlins due to a bad ingition switch..Boat seemed to move right along with the four bangers...Ive already purchased a set of reman cummins 5.9s...cant wait to see how she goes...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?