boating banned in countrywide lockdown

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

boating banned in countrywide lockdown

Post by Todd Pearce »

So, like the rest of the world we are in lock down, country wide,!!! i was looking forward to some boating and fishing, but under the state of emergency, we have been asked not to go fishing or boating at all, whilst its easy to think of valid reasons why we could its just not in the spirit of what we are collectively trying to achieve,
Question for you all, are you in lock down where you are, if not my advise, prepare for it NOW, get some projects in the shed, get plenty of basic supplies, if your partial to a drink, buy some, all our liqueur stores are closed, (we can buy beer and wine at the supermarket but that`s it), it happened really fast, we only got 48 hrs notice to shut everything, it was barley enough time to get it done, my team moved mountains to get our businesses shut, I hope your all safe and well, its an unusual event we face
Todd
PeterPalmieri

Re: boating banned in countrywide lockdown

Post by PeterPalmieri »

That sounds a little more of strict rules then we have here in NY, good luck
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

From California's Constitution:

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 32]
( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25. 
The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken.
(Sec. 25 added Nov. 8, 1910, by A.C.A. 14. Res.Ch. 44, 1909.)

Yet they have made it illegal to fish! From what I am reading! Something else is going on... they are taking away rights! Like LA closing gun stores... Its a right says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!
YET... Marijuana stores, liquor stores, smoke shops, all Essential and open for business!
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

our civil rights act may indeed contain such an act, id have to check, but down here at the bottom of the world we have a unique opportunity in that we are so remote, you cant swim here ,its over two weeks to sail here,and you cant land a plane here with out someone knowing, so if we do this wright and stay in lock down for long enough ,we can totally eradicate this virus ,i guess whilst we could all find a way of justifying a fishing trip, its just not in the spirit of the greater good,the main concern seems to be if someone needs rescuing, it means other people(our coastguard is a volunteer group thing) would have to come together thus putting people, and the concept of beating this,at risk, we have to beat this thing as fast as we can, then begins the arduous wait for a vaccine, its conceivable the country's boarder could remain shut until a vaccine is found, it represents a loss of 20 billion in tourism per annum, god only knows the full impact of this
Todd
New Zealand
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

All ramps and marinas are closed in palm beach county, only commercial fisherman are allowed out. Po Po is patroling waters.
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

Someone should check by whose authority and what law applies to the confinement in your home and not allowing someone to use their boat, motor homes, motorcycle or car.
Marshall law has not been declared and that would be necessary for the above to be enforced.
CT says stay home but you can go out to grocery stores, liquor stores, gas stations etc.
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

Does the ramp closure only include State owned or does it include private ramps at marinas, campgrounds etc.
I just spoke with my old business partner in Stuart who owns the TowBOAT US area there.
He has been the busiest that he has ever been. There are more boats out now then ever before.
The problem is that 5hey are congregating at certain areas and having big rafting parties, similar to the spring breakers.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Todd

It depends on where you live. State by State it is different. Even within a State it is different. We have towns closing beach's and boardwalks because they do not want outsiders (defined as second homeowners) coming in. Here in NJ Liquor Stores are considered essential business. Go figure. Gun shops have to close non essential. In fact our creep of a Gov. and his Attorney General stopped all back ground checks for guns. I do not expect them to allow gun shops to open even when this is over. His order says only he can tell Gun shops when to open.

The attorneys are already jumping on this. It could get interesting, but the NRA is no where to be found.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

The liquor stores are open because the govt has decided that a % of the population has a drinking problem and that if cut off some would get the Dts and require hospitalization putting a further strain on the medical system.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

All ramps are closed in pbc.

Martin county closed last night, will reopen Monday morning.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Donmystic1 wrote:The liquor stores are open because the govt has decided that a % of the population has a drinking problem and that if cut off some would get the Dts and require hospitalization putting a further strain on the medical system.
That is why Pennsylvania is reconsidering their decision to close liquor stores. Everyone is coming to NJ to by their fix.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

Now yall can understand why the government wants less boats on the water... helicopters will be blowing boats to tiny pieces! Years aho that used to be our mission with the Kiowa Warrior... Supposedly they are using Apaches now.
Would suck to be on the drug cartel side or communist side... its gonna get real very soon!
If you don't have GD stock... might pick up a few while they are cheap!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

What is "GD stock"?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Gloves Disposable?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
pschauss

Post by pschauss »

Just received an email from Suffolk County (Long Island) telling me that they are delaying the opening of the marina where I dock my sail boat until May 1. I expect that date to slip. The town of Islip has not closed the boat ramp yet, however.
Peter Schauss
Water-Lou
1978 B31 SF (BERG 1727M781-314)
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

deleted
Last edited by Chanse on Oct 3rd, '20, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

Rawleigh wrote:What is "GD stock"?
General Dynamics
JH_B28

Post by JH_B28 »

In PR we've been in full lockdown since mid March. No recreational boating, only commercial fisherman are allowed to go out. Everything is closed, including marinas. You can only have 30min to go check on your boat (1person) and have to leave. I think i'm going crazy already LOL

Micky is the only one who put the lockdown to good use 8)
Jorge E.
1973 Bertram 28'
Yanmar 4LH-STE's
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Here they just banned swimming. And scuba diving!
The winter swimmers are freaked out.
They also banned fishing from the shore!
I don't know why they banned these activities, probably because people were using these as excuses to go out for other purposes.
Boating was banned long ago, all ramps are chain locked.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"