Ft Lauderdale

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

thuddddddd

Ft Lauderdale

Post by thuddddddd »

ot home from the Ft L show fri ..... wasn't as well attended as I remember 12 years ago, and all my B31 buddies were missing .... ... But .. I was successful with my mission .. sorta ... the domestic partner and I went to look at electronics , stereo's , helm area's and "styling" cues for the refit of the "little mule" (formerly Big Mac, a 38 Topaz command bridge I picked up this spring thats undergoing a refit under the watchful eye of JP Dalik) ) ... found lots information ... and idea's that can be made to happen without major pain .. cept the one booth we stopped at ... seakeeper ... what a dumbass I was .... watched the demo .. cool .. "why don't you go over to dock ??? .. and see how it works in the water" ... sure .. why not ... got on the CC .. they start rocking the thing .. then engage the SK ..... woosh .. no more rocking .... next .. "would you 2 like to go for a ride tomorrow and see how it really handles??" .... sure .. why not ... a boat ride in Fl would be fun ...... we make it to the dock at our assigned time ... head out the mouth starts looking for wakes to demonstrate .. finds a few ... .. engages teh SK ... damm it really does work .... finds a few wakes to drive thru.. none of the normal weirdness .... does this a few more times ... "she" looks over at me .. and I think to myself .. I'm screwed ......... "we need one of these ".... you know it's pushing 45k ...... "and ??? you'll just spend it on something else " .. fine .. I need to have the majority of the rest of the refit done first ..... "ok... but I'll remember "...

This thing is a game changer .. if I'd have know it actually works .. I might have gotten a 31b, RLDT (rolling little death trap) instead of the topaz ... but .. it wasn't to be https://seakeeper.com/
Tony Meola

Re: Ft Lauderdale

Post by Tony Meola »

Timmy

Here is the real key, will it fit?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

should .. seems like a few places to hide it, likely need a size 3. but it's been so long since I was on a 31 , and even then this wouldn't have been in my thoughts
Carl

Post by Carl »

I thought to retrofit them into a build boat was a hell of a project as it really needs to be super HD mounted becoming integral with the hull and stringers.

One thing nobody has been able to answer at the shows.
In seas...if the boat don't roll upwards with an oncoming wave, what happens if wave height is above the gunnels.

In moderate seas I see them being great...I hate trolling and going beam to.