new knee

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

thuddddddd

new knee

Post by thuddddddd »

well.. the first one went in tue … so far .. so good .. different/less pain … and it's all from swelling … the next one goes in july 9th .. kinda messes up my boating season ….. but it gives the engineer plenty of time to get a jump on projects …

BTW.. super happy with the new boat … thanks to everyone that helped with the decision process
Tommy

Re: nw knee

Post by Tommy »

Glad to get the good report, Timmy; both on the new knee and on the new (to you) boat.

TD
Charlie J

Re: new knee

Post by Charlie J »

its not a bertram but its a big step up from the hatts
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Carl

Post by Carl »

Great news Timmy.

Should be able to get some time on her by the end of the season.
Boats are much more enjoyable when you can get around on them.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Timmy

You are on your way. With today's surgery and recovery periods you might be able to get to enjoy the boat for at least a couple of weeks before the season ends.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Good luck!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Timmy,
Good luck with the knee surgeries from one who knows first hand. Do what the doctor says and do as much physical therapy as you can stand, even though it hurts.
I will not be going to Tropic Star with the group due to a injury to the knee that I had replaced last November. I was doing great untilI stepped into a hole on the golf course about 25 days ago, the hole was covered up with newly cut grass clippings near the cart path and I didn't see it, stepped down and ended up with a severely sprained MCL ligament, an entrapped perineal nerve, a sprained LCL ligament and a torn ham string tendon at the attachment point near the knee . Thankfully I didn't do any damage to the replaced joint but it's going to take 3 months to heal up. I flew down to the doctor in Maryland yesterday and X-rays and Ultra sound showed all the problems. I'll be in a brace and on crutches until it's healed up. Again good luck with the new knees and congratulations on the new boat.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
Golf is going to kill you.

Pick a safer sport like metal tip lawn darts while blind folded.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bruce wrote:Pete,
Golf is going to kill you.

Pick a safer sport like metal tip lawn darts while blind folded.

...what he said.

Pete Pete, Pete...golf? Why?
Hit a ball, go find it, hit it again...go find it.
Put in a hole, take it out...hit it again.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Carl, you forgot: "...twist a knee...".
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Really sorry to hear of this setback, Pete; you've been through the fire way too many times with your knee surgeries and recoveries.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
I fished for 65 years, there's nothing left worth catching, wicked tuna boats is keeping so call giant tuna fish that we use to let go because they were top small, I can't justify $120 to $150. a dozen for google eyes during the winter sailfish tournament season. The southern Kingfish tourneys have turned into NASCAR on the ocean, and who eats kingfish, my cat won't eat it. The green and red tides have killed all the baitfish and there are too many idiots on the waterways.

Carl I can't run anymore so my tennis days are over I listened to my doctor 40 years ago, he said take up golf, what does he know they play cricket and polo in India. Anyway I guess i'll just start drinking, Never mind did that already.
I am looking for a one bedroom apartment in the Stuart area if anyone knows of a 1st floor unit with a screened in patio that will take 1 indoor cat let me know.
Pete
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Pete

You could always chase after those widows who claim they are looking for companion ship only.

Check with Steve on apartments. I think he is still involved in the real estate market down there.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Pete-

I know its hard to dial it back...but there is alot to be said for just catching whats close, readily available and if you need a challenge...lighten the line, reduce the amount of line. A 10lb blue is boring...but on 4lb test it was fun, on 2lb test it became interesting. Not too many people backing down on 10lb blues...but that was the easy part, the tough part was getting past the hit and hookup.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Pete.. really sorry to hear about the setback …

First one is amazing, a month later .. no cane for the last 10 plus days .. walking well.. was driving the truck 10 days after it was put it in .. and the manual vette a few days later …. ... spent last weekend on the boat in Jersye …. the next one goes in on tue .. hope to have old whats her name drive me to the Boston get together .. planning a boating trip to OC Md middle/late aug/early sept .. then birddawg season starts sept/oct/nov.. chasing grouse thru new England …….. whats her name is guilting me into a Japan ski trip jan/feb.… " sure 2 new knees and a new (to you ) boat … your sorry ass is taking me for some Japow " … so lets hope these knees are all they claim they are
neil

Post by neil »

Timmmmmmy,if you need ice for your next new knee you know the rules take 3 bags ,fill 3 bags good luck with your next one
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

second one is in … it was really swollen and hard to move the first 2 days …. today .. much betterer ….. hope to be back boating early aug.. and a trip in sept
Carl

Post by Carl »

In and "much better-er", that's Excellent news!

Won't be long till it's most bester-est!

Amazing how far new knees, hips and heart surgeries and the like have progressed in the past few years. Okay more like 30...but doesn't seem like that long.
Although maybe Pete Fallon may disagree with me on the knee's
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Timmy Good to hear.

Too bad UV is not around anymore. He would have to call you Bionic Thudd.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Great to hear, Timmy; remember, follow doc's and PT's orders (and your wife's)!
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

so here we are 12 days into the second replacement …. walking with no assist (cane/crutches) … driving everything I own .. full days back at work .. and virtually no pain … still a little "tender" .. but super happy with everything …. cant say enough about conformis custom knees .. or my doctor and
brigham and womans hospital