B31 Express wanted

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jayjays1

B31 Express wanted

Post by jayjays1 »

Hi Guys I haven't been on this site for many years but hope someone can help. I am looking for a B31 Express.(i already have the flybridge version but need to get under a bridge each day!) I would like one in near original condition with all original bits. Depending on the shape it is likely I will pull it apart and redo all including putting cummins 370's which i like into her. I will use as a commuting boat so would like to put an additional inside helm station so can't be glassed in.
I will likely rebuild it in US yard and ship to Bermuda so East coast is better.

A sedan version is also a possibility but would like to make an express work.

Hope you guys know of one.

Sincerely,
Brother JJ in Bermuda
Tony Meola

Re: B31 Express wanted

Post by Tony Meola »

JJ

It has been a while since you have been on here. I see you had to rejoin.

You missed a couple of good ones in the last 24 months. But hang in there, I am sure one will pop up.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
ranjr13

Post by ranjr13 »

JJ - replied to your post in the "Swap and Sell" section. Welcome back and best of luck in your search.
Bob Norton Jr.
"Dalmatian - Essex, CT"
1964 Bertram 31 Soft Top Express
KoolerKoozie

Post by KoolerKoozie »

J. J. Hi this Jeff Albritton I have a 1963 express for sale in west palm beach fl. any question please call me at 561-248 8386 thanks
jayjays1

Post by jayjays1 »

Hey Guys thanks for the welcome and good to be back! Still got my B31FB and 25 hard top. Looking to get an express too as look super cool and want to use it to get to work each day. The FB is too close for comfort getting under a low bridge. Jeff send me some pics of your boat. Looking for original condition.
My email is drjjsoares@gmail.com

Cool
JJ
Dug

Post by Dug »

JJ,

Good to hear from you again. I know of two Express models up here in NE that are MINT. One is Charisma out of Westerly, RI owned by Stanton Terranova and the other is in Mystic. Yellow hull owned by my buddy Willy Castle. Both are mint. Both are on yachtworld.

I know Charisma is a true specimen. I love that boat.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1965/b ... %20listing

And Willys is this one.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1962/b ... %20listing

Good luck but look into Charisma!!!!

Dug
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bob, im sorry you are selling!!!!!!
ranjr13

Post by ranjr13 »

Dug - too much riff-raff in 31 Bertrams in CT, especially in the Groton Long Point area, lol. Nice conversation with JJ yesterday - I'm in no rush, really want it to go to someone who appreciates original 31 boats and will be as good a steward as the previous owner and we have been. Those are two very nice Expresses you listed, one with Yanmars and the other with Cummins. Hard to get excited about being back on the water with 14" of heavy snow here in Central CT this morning. Take care.
Bob Norton Jr.
"Dalmatian - Essex, CT"
1964 Bertram 31 Soft Top Express
Carl

Post by Carl »

Dug wrote:JJ,

Good to hear from you again. I know of two Express models up here in NE that are MINT. One is Charisma out of Westerly, RI owned by Stanton Terranova and the other is in Mystic. Yellow hull owned by my buddy Willy Castle. Both are mint. Both are on yachtworld.

I know Charisma is a true specimen. I love that boat.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1965/b ... %20listing

And Willys is this one.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1962/b ... %20listing

Good luck but look into Charisma!!!!

Dug

Charisma- - Think that boat used to be down here a Hoffman Marina some years ago. If not has to be an almost identical one.

Anyway real pretty boat.
My friend went to go see her a couple weeks ago, called me all excited about the layout and immaculate fiberglass work.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Not sure I've ever seen an express with a inside helm station, you'll want large rear windows and the head in the Vberth. Not gonna find that already done with 370s, it will be an awesome project to watch happen
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

Call Tom Forsberg at his Boatyard off Beaver Dam Rd.in Pt.Pleasant, NJ. Believe phone no.is 732-892-4246. There is a project and I mean project express 31 sitting in his yard right now. I have a ‘73 Flybridge Boat that I’ve owned since ‘86, 4th set of motors. 270 Cummins with over 4000hrs.presently. Good Luck...EarleyBird
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

My mistake, as I stand corrected, believe it is the Bahia Mar model, anyway, a Project for someone.
EarleyBird
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

JJ,
Try L&H Boat Works in Stuart, Florida. Glenn Had an express that he traded a flats boat for over 5 years ago. It needs work, no motors but is all there. He also had a Sedan that was a customers boat real rough. If they are not available he will know where to find one. Is your FBC the one that they use in a TV commercial advertising Bermuda, they show it almost every time we get a snow storm here in Boston area. He also had a customer that was trying to sell a 28' Bertram Express, Nice boat that the owner spent a lot of cash on. Glen Mulluer is the one to speak too at L&H. Sorry I don't have his telephone number or e-mail with me at this time.
Pete Fallon