Bow chock value

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Donmystic1

Bow chock value

Post by Donmystic1 »

What is the going rate for a original 28 Bertram bow chock with both lens and sockets intact?
Carl

Re: Bow chock value

Post by Carl »

That really depends on whether your buying or selling it...
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

I am looking to buy a used one
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Donny

Have not seen a bow chock on ebay for a while, but if I was a betting man, I would say between 150 and 200 at the top end. In a bidding war anything can happen.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

y the way are you looking at the one on Craigslist? If you are, be careful, I found another post very similar from the same guy that is a little older. Only then he said he saw it on Ebay years ago for $500.

I would just make him an offer. I don't think anyone is beating down his door to buy it.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

Are the 31 and 28 bow chock the same?
Jason
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Have you checked with Danny at Hi Tide?

word to the wise. Last year I purchased some Bertram side steps. Photo looked legit. I actually put the box in storage for over a year. Just opened it up last week. Not the same thing in the photo nor description. Bummed.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

Thanks all. The guy on CL is a retired Suffolk county Det.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Donmystic1 wrote:Thanks all. The guy on CL is a retired Suffolk county Det.

Must not be the one I looked at. The one I saw said that he was leaving for Hong Kong in 30 days.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i have a spare OEM. bow chock from a 1971 Bertram FBC.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

Do you have a price point for the bow chock?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i sent PM.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

with this discussion, before I owned my boat one of the caps went missing, anyone know of a replacement option?
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

ktm_2000,
I lost on of my caps on the original light/bow chock. I found that the cap that you use for the stainless steel sink with 4 holes if not using a sprayer the cap or plug fits nicely, make sure it's stainless steel. Usually find them at a large plumbing supply house. The one's at the big box store don't fit and they are not totally stainless. Put a little silicone goop to keep it in place if it doesn't fit snug. The sockets can be found at a Napa store, you might have to grind them down so they fit into the holes.I found that large O rings keep the sockets dry. You just have to use your imagination if you can't find the old parts.
Pete Fallon
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

not to get off the subject
but how are you making out pete
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Pete Fallon

Re:Report on my new #4 knee revision

Post by Pete Fallon »

Charlie Johnson,
Doing good, the new knee is working pretty good, a few minor problems. #1 The knee which is made from Ceramic and Zirconium with titanium stems gets very cold, if I don't wear long underwear, insulated chinos pants and wrapped with an ace bandage it gets to a point where it is painful. A week ago we had snow, ice, sleet and freezing rain for a day and a half and -2 temps. Just cleaning the stuff off my car before it froze solid took 3//4 of an hour, by the time I got back into the apt my knee was throbbing and very cold to the touch. Time to go back to Florida for the winter months I guess. #2. Getting in and out of the car or after sitting for a while, when I get up,the blood flow to my lower leg takes a minute to get past my knee into my foot.
Feels like a burning sensation while the blood flows down to my lower leg and foot.

Other than these 2 things it feels great, compared to the last 8 years of constant pain. I still have a month of PT to go, hopefully by the end of February I will be able to start swinging a golf club. I am down to just using a cane, no more crutches. I was supposed to go to Maryland to see the doctor last Tuesday but got delayed 3 times during the morning because of snow and ice at the airport and TSA slow down, finally I cancelled because the flight wouldn't get to DCA before the doctor left the office at 4:00PM. Hopefully my next appointment is February 5 and there won't be any snow or TSA slow downs.
Thanks for asking how I am getting along. Just turned 72 yesterday, retirement is supposed to be the golden years, but as far as I am concerned it's the rust years. Charlie do you still go to the Stuart Florida area in the winter?
Pete Fallon
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

great to hear pete
keep up the good work
you must have me mistaken for someome
else ive havent been to stuart
glad to hear your doing well, keep us posted
1968 hull # 316 - 757
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

Hi I had a machine shop make up a couple but my machine shop friend made up 15. at the time i had 2 for me but lost them in a move I gave the other 13 to guys on the site Now i need 2 . Can any that i sent more than 2 that they are not using send me 2. they were custom made for the chock thanx bob ;FRAYED KNOT