Germantown Md Area Rehab Facilities near Holy Cross Hospital

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Germantown Md Area Rehab Facilities near Holy Cross Hospital

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
This is off the subject of boating and Bertram's but does anyone have a familiarity with in patient physical therapy places? I am going to have my right knee revised for the 4th time next Monday November 5th at Holy Cross Hospital in Germantown Md. The doctor said that I will be in the hospital for 4 to 5 days then a week or more in a rehab unit, he will not let me go back home to Boston until the 19th. He wants to make sure that there is no infection or other problems after cutting me open. This is the last surgery that the knee can take never mind what my brain can take, this will be the 18th surgery on the same knee since I got injured on the fire department in 1978.

I know we are all getting older or have had relatives that have need to go to rehab after operations. I don't want to get stuck in some hole in the wall place that is out in the boondocks. I would really appreciate any information on rehab places that anyone that lives near Germantown Md. knows of.

I know it's short notice but I'll have my smarter than me cell phone with me for access to the sandbox.
I am looking forward to going to Tropic Star next August hopefully the operation is successful I am so sick of being on crutches (going on 8 years with the sticks) and having pain in my knee all the time.
I miss being on the water and I will return to surveying after I am healed up in the spring. Maybe even buying another 31 or maybe longer Bertram if all goes well.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Carl

Re: Germantown Md Area Rehab Facilities near Holy Cross Hosp

Post by Carl »

Pete-

Sorry I have no knowledge nor family or friends in the area that can speak to the hospital / rehab facility.

I cannot believe how many times you have had that knee operated on and still in pain requiring the aid of crutches.
My prayers this one does it for you and you can get back to whatever a normal life is.

Even if its a hole in the boondocks...if they get you fixed up that is all that really counts.
You've tried all the Big City places...

Wishing you the best!
Carl
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Pete,

Good luck with the surgery! I think it is unusual that your Dr. doesn't already have a relationship with a rehab facility nearby. They all seem to have a "win-win" arrangement. I know of a few here in Northern VA, but no experience in Germantown area. My mother had in-patient rehab at VA Hospital center for 2 shoulders and a hip (not at the same time!) https://www.virginiahospitalcenter.com/ ... tient.aspx Mother in law used this place for a shoulder rehab: https://www.ericksonliving.com/greenspr ... care#Short

Cam
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Pete,

Good luck, get well soon and restart life as per your dreams !

PS: I have a good rehab center in mind, but it wouldn’t be much help to you as...it’s unfortunately very far away from Germantown... in any case I agree with Carl, if even a boondocks center provides the right fix, after a while you wouldn’t even remember it. Good luck again.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
THESALTYSATO

Post by THESALTYSATO »

Pete
I do not know you other than seeing your posts and insights on the forum for the last two years. Sorry to learn that you are having another surgery on your knee. No one should have to have 18. I had mine operated on last year- only minor but still not what I wanted to do. I as well others will be praying for you to have a successful operation and speedy rehab. As we enter our twilight years all we want to do is ride and enjoy our Bertrams and be free of health issues. LIFE IS BETTER WITH A BERTRAM
Dug

Post by Dug »

Pete my friend,

I wish you luck and quick healing.

Dug
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Peter

Hopefully this one does it fiir you. It has been too long for you.

Check with a social worker at the hospital for a rehab reference. Mist of the s social workers are pretty good at their jobs and should be able to send you in the right direction.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement from all. The reason I asked if anyone had any dealings with rehab's in Germantown area is that I am going down by myself and I am sure that the doctor will have a good place for rehab. I just wanted to get an idea where nearby rehabs were located and what they were like.
Anyway I am hoping all goes well and I'll be back boating late next Spring.
Pete Fallon
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
Since your on your own I can have my nephew who's a cop in beautiful Baltimore, send over some working girls to help you out.
Let me know and good luck.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
As long as they don't have any 8 legged creatures crawling below the waist
Thanks,
Pete
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

best of luck Pete
lets hope this works, you have been thru hell
1968 hull # 316 - 757
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I don’t have anything to add, Pete, but I wanted to wish you well.

Best of luck.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Godspeed Pete! I am only a couple of hours away if something happens and you need help. Don't hesitate to call on us!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31