Northern New England Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

moguls2go

Northern New England Rendezvous

Post by moguls2go »

Hi Guys-

A group has arranged a Bertram rendezvous at the Provincetown Marina August 4-6. Hoping there are some folks between Maine and the cape (maybe even some of you RI guys!) who want to make the run.

508-487-0571 is the # for the Ptown Marina- call em' and say you're with the Bertram group.

-Max
Max
Pete Fallon

Re: Northern New England Rendezvous

Post by Pete Fallon »

Max,
I hope to attend the P-town Rendezvous on one of the days during the weekend. I will be coming by P-town to Boston Ferry because I am boatless at this time. I will know more after I see the Orthopedic Doctor in Baltimore on May 31st. This week I am undergoing 2 MRI's Friday and a blood flow analysis to my knee today.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

best of luck pete
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Charlie,
Thanks for the encouragement, I read that you were having health issues also. Getting older is supposed to be the golden years I fell like it's more like the rust years. Are you back on Long Island or still down in North Carolina?
Pete Fallon
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Hi Pete,

Glad to hear it- keep us posted it would be great to meet you.

For anyone else who may be interested, here's a page with an RSVP link: http://www.bertram.com/news/join-the-ptown-rendezvous
Max
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

pete
ive been back on the island for 4 years now
so far my health issues are good
get scanned every 6 months so far so good
thank god I am retired the dr appointments are a full time job
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Charlie,
You don't have to tell me about going to the doctors for appointments, this week alone I have been to a cardiovascular doctor and had 2 MRI's and a yearly physical. But I rather be still able to work than going to doctors offices. Next Thursday I fly to Baltimore to see ortho doctor hopefully he will do something to my knee, It's really bad today. Glad to hear your doing alright.

If you know anyone that's looking for a 12 volt Penn 620 kite reel with 4 kites ( 2 heavy wind 1 medium and 1 light wind kites) Reel is spooled with 80 pound Dacron with swivels and 2 clips. Asking $700,00 very little use, new is almost a $1000, I sold the rods and reels you were interested in.
Pete Fallon
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

Pete Fallon wrote:Charlie,
You don't have to tell me about going to the doctors for appointments, this week alone I have been to a cardiovascular doctor and had 2 MRI's and a yearly physical. But I rather be still able to work than going to doctors offices. Next Thursday I fly to Baltimore to see ortho doctor hopefully he will do something to my knee, It's really bad today. Glad to hear your doing alright.

If you know anyone that's looking for a 12 volt Penn 620 kite reel with 4 kites ( 2 heavy wind 1 medium and 1 light wind kites) Reel is spooled with 80 pound Dacron with swivels and 2 clips. Asking $700,00 very little use, new is almost a $1000, I sold the rods and reels you were interested in.
Pete Fallon
ill ask around pete
good luck in Baltimore
1968 hull # 316 - 757
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Quick update here- there are 15 boats confirmed for the Ptown event at the moment with 30+ folks attending. If anyone was sitting on the fence maybe this news tips the scales... the more the merrier.

The Greenport event looks great as well- the new 61' will be making an appearance, which is pretty fantastic IMO.

Long live the Bertram Empire :-)
Max
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Well I will be there and hope that makes 16, that would be the most for years. Neil you going? sorry I just saw your post on the other thread. There are a lot of people that can make the trip, even from Newburyport it is only a couple hours.

I hope some more people chime in, it has been a long time since I bumped into most of you since Newport.
Scott Traenkle
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Dug, you should show up too, it would be fun.
Scott Traenkle
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

STraenkle wrote:Dug, you should show up too, it would be fun.
this
Max
bertram 20

Post by bertram 20 »

i believe we are up to 18 boats now
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Unfortunately I will not be able to go, they are full and have no space left. Would have been fun, one of my daughters was flying in to go, but we will find something else to do I am sure. Hope everybody has a great time.
Scott Traenkle
Harv

Post by Harv »

Pete Fallon wrote:Charlie,

Pete Fallon
Hope all goes well Pete. I too know what it's like to see doctors all the time. 1 shoulder and 1 knee this year, an epidural this coming Tues., and I may have to go back into the knee. physical therapy is actually my new full time job.
Harv
Dug

Post by Dug »

Scott, you are right. For sure it would be fun! I am going to hit the Greenport one if at all possible. Domestic limitations will likely limit my ability to attend Provincetown. Hows that for attempted legaleze?? :)
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Trankle .. come pick us up ... Baby Tubbbb won't be ready till mid aug (and by ready I mean in the water and floating ... it ain't gonna be purty this year) ... I'll cover the fuel costs..
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thuddddddd wrote:Trankle .. come pick us up ... Baby Tubbbb won't be ready till mid aug (and by ready I mean in the water and floating ... it ain't gonna be purty this year) ... I'll cover the fuel costs..
anyone want to take bets
it doesn't even see water this year
1968 hull # 316 - 757
neil

Post by neil »

Charlie,does rain count for hitting the water,otherwise aim with you
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Neil.. you and can Charlie screw ...... I don't even know why Charlie posts anymore .. he traded that lovely 31 for a Bearmobile .... (after reflecting.. the P-town get together would be a perfect destination for he and the car) .....

it will (I hope) see the water ... old whats her name will make my life hell till next spring if it doesn't
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

thuddddddd wrote:

it will (I hope) see the water ...

Oh Crap you did it again!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thuddddddd wrote:Neil.. you and can Charlie screw ...... I don't even know why Charlie posts anymore .. he traded that lovely 31 for a Bearmobile .... (after reflecting.. the P-town get together would be a perfect destination for he and the car) .....

it will (I hope) see the water ... old whats her name will make my life hell till next spring if it doesn't

you might as well start buying the flowers and tomato plants now
now you will have 2 flower boxes
the last time she saw water is when it was captained by mike O
as a delivery
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I am not going to be able to make the P-town get together next weekend, my right knee is really bad and I have a broken big toe on my left foot (I tripped over chair leg on Friday PM). Life sucks some times.
Pete Fallon
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Sorry I've been away for a while, but I'll be there! Arriving Friday and leaving Monday.
Regards,

Doug L.
ccroke13

Post by ccroke13 »

We will be there. Coming in Saturday leaving Monday. We only had 3 boats last year so I'm really looking forward to seeing more Bertram's. Everyone have a safe trip and see you all Saturday.
Chris C.
Boston, MA
1970 31 Bahia Mar
1977 28 FBC