Value of Old Components from a Bertram 25?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CuzzA

Value of Old Components from a Bertram 25?

Post by CuzzA »

Hello fellow Bertram owners!

I myself have just become the proud owner of a 1965 B25. I have plans to return this vessel to her former glory; however, before I go stripping her to the bare hull and hauling everything to the dump, I am trying to gauge if there is any value or market for these old components. For example components like the engine cover, hard top, console and even the fuel tanks (This boat hasn't ran in 17 years so maybe they survived the ethanol assault on our boats). It's my understanding the engines in this boat aren't worth a damn (Mercruiser 485 165HP), but maybe the Alpha One Outdrives could help someone out. Honestly, I just hate sending another man's treasure to the landfill.

So, what do you think? Is any of this worth anything? Or should I not waste my time and send it all to its final resting place?

Here's some pics over on the Hull Truth... https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-fo ... -25-a.html

Thanks!
spencer

Re: Value of Old Components from a Bertram 25?

Post by spencer »

I have a 25 restored with outboards and a bracket

I may be interested in the hard top and aluminum
Supports and window frame parts etc .

Where are u located ?

Thanks
Spencer
CuzzA

Post by CuzzA »

That's great, spencer. I am located in Palm Harbor, Florida in the Tampa Bay Area.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

There are certain parts that you can sell. I would hate to tell you something is worthless. Just by chance you might find someone who needs what you have and be willing to pay a reasonable price.

You can list what you want to sell on the For Sale section here and on other boards as well as ebay.

As you will see from time to time things pop up on ebay that members here will bid on. The big one is always the bow chock for the 31.

Just give it a shot and see what happens what do you have to loose.

By the way, copper wire, brass, bronze etc have a scrap value. So when yo rip out all that old wire take it to a scrap yard for a few dollars.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Waytooslow

Post by Waytooslow »

I would suggest at least holding on to the parts until you finish your build--as you never know. Also there is a B-25 for sale on THT that needs some parts you might try posting a note on the end of that thread in case the missing parts is holding someone up from starting that project. I also sent you an invite on your THT thread to a B-25 thread that we have going.
1963 B-25 Project (in process)
Atl. GA