bahia mar windshield

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

bahia mar windshield

Post by JohnCranston »

Does anyone out there have an old bahia mar windshield frame that their not going to use? I'm dealing with American Marine Products in Fl. on trying to build me a new one. The problem is that they're needing some kind of template to work from and they can't find anything in their files even though they've built a few in the past. I'd be more than happy to pay for it and will have UPS pick it up and return it after we're done. Anyone ever see anything more eye appealing than the original bahia windshield?
Maybe something a little more custom?
Thanks in advance.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
waggles02673

Post by waggles02673 »

John

Check out the link below. I like the look of the windshield.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/4/8/9 ... 1068400000
Brianb

I have one

Post by Brianb »

John,

I have one, but it is in Corpus, and I dont think I am going down in May. What is your timing?

Brian
Capt. Mike Holmes

Windshield

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

John, glad to hear you are looking for one. I saw Lisa the other day, and she was still asking, "Where's the windshield for that damn boat?"
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Brian,

Maybe a month or so. I'll call you and see when you might be going down there. I'll go down there myself if the time frame won't work. Thanks for all of your help with Salvador. I owe you.

Mike, Tell Lisa to drop dead. Thanks in advance, Mike.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Going dow

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

John, I might be heading down that way soon, gonna call about a pile driving barge I might want to go look at.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

JC,

I sent them mine several years back....strange they wouldn't have the specs from when they built mine???

Rick
Bill Cuthbertson

Bahia Mar Windshield

Post by Bill Cuthbertson »

I have one, off the boat, glass is cracked. Was going to have them build one for me in the future, but I can get it to them nowif it helps you out.

I do like the look of the side pieces that extend further back than the stock windshield. Email me or call me on my cell if you need to. 704-806-3085.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Rick,

I remember a couple of you guys getting them built, but, they are swearing upside down that there's no records to be found.

Bill, if I can't hook up with Brian, then I'll give you a buzz. I really appreciate the offer. Bill, just give me a few days to see what I can work out.

Much thanks.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

John,

Check out the 31 Bahia Mar from East Quoge NY., I believe American Marine Built it as well. I spoke with them about one for my Bahia Mar and they quoted 5K and I needed to supply the template. I like Brewsters Hard Top for that kind of $.. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

If you want another option I believe this is who "Holtz Marine" recommended a while back.

http://www.aluminum2000.com/shields.html
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

John,

Found the old invoice and gave them the order no etc...so maybe they can pull something up for you.

Rick
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

AC77,
I called Aluminum 2000 the last 3 days and am playing phone tag. Maybe we'll hook up today. Thanks for the link.
Rick,
I called American Marine back and told them about your invoice. They said that they're still going to need some type of template. I'm kind of scratching my head on that one, but, at least there's a couple of old ones out there that I could send them. Thanks for your help, also.