RUB RAIL

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

spencer

RUB RAIL

Post by spencer »

GOING TO ORDER A PVC RAIL , ONLY PLACES I SEE ARE HIGH TIDE / AND WHITAKER IN CALIFORNIA

ANY FRIST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH THE HIGH TIDE PVC RUB RAIL/ SOME OLD POSTS SAID THE FIT WAS DIFFERENT THAN WHITAKER THAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR THE 46 BERTRAM NOT THE 31

THANKS

SPENCER
Charlie J

Re: RUB RAIL

Post by Charlie J »

alex
is the man you want
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

bought mine from alex
perfiect fit and same design as the old one http://www.31bertram.com/about-us.html
1968 hull # 316 - 757
longfin

Post by longfin »

I used Alex as well, I'm on the West Coast so my choice was somewhat geographic driven. I had zero problems with his quality, the bent piece for the bow section is obviously critical and the fit was spot on. Alex is also a really nice guy and has good sage advice. I also bought the stainless steel half moon that in my opinion makes the sheer line of the boat even better. My original Aluminum rail was a huge pain in the ass to remove every single screw fought me. End result is fantastic and well worth the effort and expense. For what it's worth I bought the rub rail kit from Danny at High Tide for my 54 it's a very high quality product as well. Danny is the Man and High Tide Marine is probably one of the best resources that I have found for Bertram OEM quality stuff. He is the electric Galley Maid Head guru.
spencer

Post by spencer »

Thanks for all the replies, I talked to alex and danny both had similar prices
going to go with alex.

has a special with free shipping right now
Catalina31

Post by Catalina31 »

Longfin,
Did you do the rub rail install or did you have someone on the west coast do it on your 54? I was looking to find someone to get a quote from on the west coast to do our 38.
-Brian
Brian Vanderspek
B38 Off Hand BERL1215M82
Sold B31 Fun 'N' Games 315-174-1285