Thank you to all who have served.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Thank you to all who have served.

Post by Carl »

Thank you to all who have served, that have have had parents and family members serve.
We are only here because of you, those that are serving and those that served before you.
Thank you.
Last edited by Carl on Nov 11th, '16, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Navatech

Re: Thank you to all who have served.

Post by Navatech »

Amen to that!...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Well said ..... thanks
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Amen to that, we are free because of you. Thanks, Carl, for reminding me to get of my butt and thank our veterans!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

We owe the vets a lot. We can never really repay them for what they have done.

One more big one coming up, Dec. 7. 75 years ago, never forget. Should be a big shin dig but we hear nothing about our commander in chief is planning. They should have a huge ceremony, but I don't see it happening.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
John Nardi

Post by John Nardi »

I didn't serve, but one of my greatest wishes is for the Trump administration to completely revamp the entire Veterans Administration and give our blessed heroes everything in the form of benefits and assistance they truly deserve...God Bless them and any of the Faithfull who have served this great country...Thank You, John
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

My wife is visiting friends this week so on Veteran's Day, after breakfast and being alone, I went to Wilmington's small National Cemetery and walked among the headstones, then I just went over to a tree and stood in the shade and thought about all those brave men and women whose lives were cut short in their defense of our country. It really puts a lump in your throat!

I saw a bumper sticker the other day.. it simply said...

"Remember the fallen...
They gave their tomorrows so you can have your todays.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Frank

I have never been to Arlington, but during a vacation in Hawaii, way back, went to Pearl Harbor then the Punch Bowl Crater. Very moving experiences. If any of you ever get there, the National Cemetery is quite a place. Both are must do's in life.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

looking back the worse was being tense all the time with no sleep and sometimes miserable health conditions.much more of a mental thing than a physical thing we were young and conditioned .took time to adjust when we got back to the states .trust me nobody thank you thats for sure.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Bob we all thank you
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

bob lico wrote:looking back the worse was being tense all the time with no sleep and sometimes miserable health conditions.much more of a mental thing than a physical thing we were young and conditioned .took time to adjust when we got back to the states .trust me nobody thank you thats for sure.
Bob

Trust me, you are home and safe right here.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

by Tony Meola
"One more big one coming up, Dec. 7. 75 years ago, never forget. Should be a big shin dig but we hear nothing about our commander in chief is planning. They should have a huge ceremony, but I don't see it happening."

1,177 Sailors and Marines spelling out Arizona on the flight deck of the USS Bennington passing in review of the USS Arizona. I was standing on the bridge at the time looking at all those Sailors and Marines on the deck, the exact number forever entombed in the Arizona, a sobering feeling that stays with you. At that time she wasn’t covered and you can clearly see the gun tubs and fuel oil leaking from the tanks. The Captain’s Gig is on her way over to lay a wreath on the memorial.

The Commander in Chief’s position has been vacant for 8 yrs but will soon be filled again! IMHO

Carl

Post by Carl »

bob lico wrote:looking back the worse was being tense all the time with no sleep and sometimes miserable health conditions.much more of a mental thing than a physical thing we were young and conditioned .took time to adjust when we got back to the states .trust me nobody thank you thats for sure.

Whether people agreed or disagreed with the war is irregardless, the people that served did what was asked of them by their country and should have been held in the same regard as our vets from any other war. Any less is disgraceful...so sorry you and other vets had to come home to that. I hope this President has his head on straight and provides our vets with the care, help and respect they deserve. Not just the lip service that has been given for years.

Thank you for your service Bob.
And thank you to all who have served.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i still do not know why i cannot control my emotions it is not the body bags stacked up it is after coming home and going to Northport veterans hospital because my hearing was getting worse and worse after being close to a motar round. they make you wait till you give up and leave the hospital while waiting, one day i went to the forbidden third floor . there is a large sand box and my former brothers were playing in the sand box with toys and toy trucks .i just started to cry and could not hold back these men will never come back perhaps i am holding on too tight just destroys me to see these guys whom once were the best of the best now discarded like trash.the sight of these one time perfect physically fit men wasting away as the media focuses on burning american flags , if i witness this act i am going to jail as i put 8 40 cal. rounds in there ###### head! --------------carl,neil thank you .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Bob...
There is no shame in a man crying when he is saddened by injustice or harm visited on someone he respects. I get teary eyed whenever I hear the Star Spangled Banner. It reminds me of all those who gave their lives so we can enjoy ours.

When we lived for three years in Belgium my wife, 8 year old daughter, and I often visited sites of battles and other historical areas. We were in the middle of a US WW II cemetery in The Netherlands (maintained by the US Cemetery Commission I believe it is called) Acres and acres of grassy hillsides with thousands of white crosses and six pointed stars perfectly aligned so every view was a straight line, with not a single blade of grass out of place... I broke down and couldn't answer my daughter when she asked why I was crying. All I could think of was all those men and women who gave their lives to keep us free. I can feel those feelings now while I type this.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Nothing to be ashamed about. Combat is a tough thing.

But it is time this country makes it right for all of the vets.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
neil

Post by neil »

My nephew is currently a marine ,we are very proud of him and thank him every day ,he could have done anything he wanted and he chose to be a marine .we went to Paris island last year to watch him graduate it was a life changing experience God bless him and all who have served
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Tony Meola wrote:But it is time this country makes it right for all of the vets.
In Israel service is compulsory... So the debt owed by the society to the vets is a communal debt and is seen as such... After all, most everybody has served and their own kids have to serve (my eldest was recently discharged from the Israeli navy - 3rd generation as both I and my father were also in that branch - and my younger son is currently in the artillery, my daughters will have to do their time after high school) as well...

Even so, it's not always easy to get what you're owed... Unfortunately whenever there's a government bureaucracy it seems that some bureaucrats get the notion that they have to save costs regardless of the circumstances... They seem to forget that their whole purpose is to serve the citizens as best as they can...
Carl

Post by Carl »

IRGuy wrote:Bob...
There is no shame in a man crying when he is saddened by injustice or harm visited on someone he respects. I get teary eyed whenever I hear the Star Spangled Banner. It reminds me of all those who gave their lives so we can enjoy ours.

When we lived for three years in Belgium my wife, 8 year old daughter, and I often visited sites of battles and other historical areas. We were in the middle of a US WW II cemetery in The Netherlands (maintained by the US Cemetery Commission I believe it is called) Acres and acres of grassy hillsides with thousands of white crosses and six pointed stars perfectly aligned so every view was a straight line, with not a single blade of grass out of place... I broke down and couldn't answer my daughter when she asked why I was crying. All I could think of was all those men and women who gave their lives to keep us free. I can feel those feelings now while I type this.

No doubt we need to honor those that have past...but I think it is more important to honor and take care of those that are living first and foremost. VA hospitals and aid should be on par with the care given to our illustrious politicians.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Carl wrote:VA hospitals and aid should be on par with the care given to our illustrious politicians.
I see (and approve of) what you've done there ;-)

<wink>