Flop House

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RussP

Flop House

Post by RussP »

I made my reservations today with the Babuska and she said there are only a few rooms left. The FLL Boat Show is just around the corner and I hear Bacardi is brewing extra rum to make up for last year.
Cheers,
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

RussP,

Thanks for the reminder; I just hung up from her and I'm in. See you there.

Tommy
Harv

Post by Harv »

What are the dates for FLL?
Harv
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Harv,

The show opens to the public on Thursday, Oct. 26 and runs through Monday, Oct. 30. It actually opens on Wednesday for vendors, etc. I hope to see you there.

Tommy
Ric

flophouse

Post by Ric »

U.V.

you sleeping at the switch,, better get a head count and tell her we want all the rooms....in the past we usually called in late august to arrange for the Suite, but its a good thing Russ is on his game as we would have been locked out .., we might yet still be,,,,..,and thats not right,, thats our place .,.,Billy d (el presidente) said we should have bought that place 2 years ago.,.,he was right..,.
,.I think she is going to want at least a 3 night minimum stay.,.,as i recall that is what she wanted the year before last (hurricane cancelled last year).,and she is finally getting hip to the boat show down the street,,,remember she never new what the boat show was
we were gettin rooms with parking for what other people were charging for parking spots to enter the show,,,,
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I just talked to the Bambooshka (aka Elizabeth) and made my reservation for Wed. Oct. 25 thru Sunday Oct 29, departing Monday the 30th. She has "oodles" of rooms still left. Ocean Holiday Motel (Resort?) 954.761.9933. She will need a credit card # to reserve. Didn't ask the price but it has been 65 for several years. Best little flophouse in FLL. Ric - get 401 and we will chip in.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

Ric,

The "bambushka" is sweet on you....room 401 was never in doubt. Where is Ric...where is Ric she say.....

Garry
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

On the phone as I write.

I'm in. fri/sat/sun.

Viva El Presidente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and the rest of el presidente's cabinet members should be able to charge off all our room service to his account(which is funded by that cow hillary)

Viva El Presidente
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Vic,

She told me the price had gone up to $75/night for a single "due to the hurricane...". Like Vic always says: "bring your own soap".

Tommy
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Tommy, yeah, but still a bargain at twice the price. And do bring your own bar of soap. She musta found a deal on bars of Ivory that are about the size of the mints they leave on your pillow at a fancy hotel. Oh yeah, and no phones, bring your cell. But the restaurant next door, the Casa Blanca, is the best in FLL and has Timmy's chalk outline still on the floor.....Thudddddddddddd.

See ya'll there. I'm not the travel agent this year, call her direct..... I did my duty in Panama. Speaking of TSL, I'm gonna need committments in a few weeks, got a few spots still open for the grovelling.

UV
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Booked my room.
In chatting about their hurricane damage (they understood me better in Panama) she said the insurance companies were lazy. $75 a nite.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I rode by the place about a week before leaving for Pat's. Looked the same.

75 a night is cheap with an ocean view. Place must be long paid for or a laundering spot for the Russian mob.
Harv

Post by Harv »

I'm in.....26th, 27th, 28th.
Harv
thuddddddd

flop

Post by thuddddddd »

Harv, why are you there the week after the show???
Harv

Re: flop

Post by Harv »

thuddddddd wrote:Harv, why are you there the week after the show???
Thuddddddddd,

Trying to confuse me won't work. I'm already confused, but from reading other posts, I am certain about the dates. Good try though.
Harv