LightningShack Sold

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MikeD@Lightningshack

LightningShack Sold

Post by MikeD@Lightningshack »

FYI... It was more difficult then I expected. They are definitely not the "best two days" of Bertram ownership.

I put the boat on the market and a week later it was gone. Yikes! Wife and I were both choked up when we watched it leave the Glimmer glass harbor Thursday morning for the last time.

Time for something with a little more displacement for our offshore trips.

The hard part is replacing the irreplaceable. I don't even know where to start. The pride of ownership I enjoyed after upgrading, maintaining and running the Lightning Shack for 15-1/2 seasons can't be matched. The next boat will surely be a "Rebound" vessel for me. Might not be a Bertram... great boats for sure, but for me it was always about the 31.

New owner is up Mamaronek NY. He has owned Bertram's before and I feel she ended up with an awesome steward. If you see it, take a picture for me. Promised myself I'd buy another some day, and that made closing on the sale a little easier.

Don't know how to get on the internet without seeing what's going on here. This won't change.

Cheers!
Tommy

Re: LightningShack Sold

Post by Tommy »

I know the feeling, Mike; felt the same way when Island Girl left the stables for the last time several years ago. And yes, I still come here to stay in touch with all the guys.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mamaroneck is about 4 miles from me, as the Bertram cruises.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mike, I can only imagine. Mamaroneck is near a couple buddies, so I will guide them to keep an eye out. There are times to move on, and I came close a couple years ago.

Stay in touch!!!
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Saw her and the new owner going under the Throggs Neck bridge last week... Thought they may have been heading to the rendezvous, came back and said he was the new owner... Sharp boat..
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
MikeD@Lightningshack

Post by MikeD@Lightningshack »

Yup... new 31 owner, and a long time Bertram owner and fan. I pointed him to the sandbox. Hopefully we see him around these parts too.