Some updates

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

Some updates

Post by Navatech »

Some of you may have noticed that I have been mostly absent lately... So here are some updates:

1) I traveled home for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah... Here are a few pics from that event:

Daddy's (not so) Little Princess:

Daddy with his (not so) Little Princess:

The whole crew:

2) Shortly prior to that Lady S was finally put back into the water:

In a week or two the new generator will be installed, new canvas will be put up and I'll go burn some diesel...

3) Capt. Pat asked that I tone down my postings in the political section... This is his sandbox so, of course, I complied... If anybody misses those posts, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an occasional email with some links...
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: Some updates

Post by mike ohlstein »

Congratulations! Today she's a woman. Tomorrow, it's back to 7th grade….

The boat is looking good.

Have you got any interior pictures?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

mike ohlstein wrote:Congratulations!
Thanks!...
mike ohlstein wrote:Today she's a woman. Tomorrow, it's back to 7th grade….
I wish... She's 12 (6th grade) going on 32... And she's a very girly girl...
mike ohlstein wrote:The boat is looking good.
Thanks!... Especially coming from the "Mean Team Leader"... But I'd like to point out that it's 30 + feet away looking good... Close up is a different story... There's still a LOT to be done...
mike ohlstein wrote:Have you got any interior pictures?
I do but none that I want to show... Reference the above...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

A wife, four kids and a boat, between two continents. Tell us how you do it !
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:A wife, four kids and a boat, between two continents. Tell us how you do it !
Take a good look at my pictures... See the hair (or rather, lack thereof) and the gray color of what little that's left?!...

<grin>
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Navatech wrote:Take a good look at my pictures... See the hair (or rather, lack thereof) and the gray color of what little that's left?!...

You didn't realize that Nav is only 37…..
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

mike ohlstein wrote:You didn't realize that Nav is only 37…..
I wish... 54 is the correct number...
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Nav...

I am 20 years ahead of you.. we have a daughter and two grandkids, 11 and 16 years old.

First, I don't know enough about the Jewish culture to know what is the correct thing to say to the dad of a young lady who just had her Bat Mitzvah, so I will simply say "Congratulations"!

Second, having been priviledged to see our daughter grow up, learn how to balance her own checkbook, graduate college, marry a fighter pilot, and have two great kids of her own my advice is savor the moment, take lots of pictures, and stand back.. you will most likely be having grandkids of your own sooner than you can imagine.

Not sure about the spelling, and I am not sure if this is the correct thing to say.. I hope it is...

"Mazeltov"
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

IRGuy wrote:First, I don't know enough about the Jewish culture to know what is the correct thing to say to the dad of a young lady who just had her Bat Mitzvah, so I will simply say "Congratulations"!
As with gifts, it's the sentiment that counts so you can stop worrying about being "correct"... Especially as "congratulations" (or "mazzeltov" in Hebrew) is the most common thing said...
IRGuy wrote:my advice is savor the moment, take lots of pictures, and stand back..
I don't call her (and her sister) "Daddy's Princess" for nothing... As for pictures, aside of the videos (yes, plural) almost 2,000 pictures were taken regarding this event... So I think we're OK on that front... As for standing back, I'm already doing that since her very indignant "DADDY!!!" when I walked into MY (and the Admiral's) bathroom while she was there (unbeknown to me, I thought it was the Admiral)... But, I'm not going to stand that far back ;-) I've always been an involved dad and that's not going to change...
IRGuy wrote:you will most likely be having grandkids of your own sooner than you can imagine.
Here's me hoping they will first come from her 8 and 6 years older brothers ;-) And, I don't have to imagine anything... It seems like only a couple of months ago I was changing his (my eldest) diapers or helping him fix his bike and now he's a young man, commanding troops in the field... If he makes a serious mistake it's more then likely going to cost lives... Second one is going to don his uniform in a couple of months...
IRGuy wrote:Not sure about the spelling, and I am not sure if this is the correct thing to say.. I hope it is...
The spelling is correct and the sentiments are much appreciated...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Nav

Very nice. Celebrating a child is always a wonderful thing.

Boat looks good. Were all the events held in Florida?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Tony Meola wrote:Very nice. Celebrating a child is always a wonderful thing.
Every celebration is a good thing... But yes, celebrating a child is special...
Tony Meola wrote:Boat looks good.
Thanks... But as I said, it's 30' away good... Closeup and there's a ton of work remaining...
Tony Meola wrote:Were all the events held in Florida?
None actually... Bat Mitzvah was in Israel (where we live), launch was in Fajardo, PR...
Carl

Post by Carl »

Mazel tov!

Boat looks great...even with the 30' rule in place.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Carl wrote:Mazel tov!
Thanks!...
Carl wrote:Boat looks great...even with the 30' rule in place.
Thanks!... But hey, it's a Berty!.. You have to work hard to make them look bad... But it can be done... Or have you forgotten the monstrosity I posted about a year or so ago?!...
Carl

Post by Carl »

Navatech wrote: Thanks!... But hey, it's a Berty!.. You have to work hard to make them look bad... But it can be done... Or have you forgotten the monstrosity I posted about a year or so ago?!...

Truth as I know it...you do not have to work that hard to make them look bad, just let them lay for awhile...if your familiar with the old Vampire movies...I liken our boats to when Vampire is killed at the end of the movie, Vampire transforms from youthful to old, decaying into dust in seconds... Our older boats will show their age very quickly if not kept up with.

Then again with a little outside help...yes sir, they can look like a heap of junk in short time...I do recall your pictures.
bsmart

Post by bsmart »

Lots a Mazel-- In February I just had my sons on top of a mountain in Tahoe (destination BMitz keeps the unwanted family members away). I keep my 86 33 Sportfish in Delray Beach and I'm in the process of rehabbing my 86 31 in Annapolis... I'm down in S FL every two weeks --Id love to pick your brain on the 31 at some point.

Robert
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

bsmart wrote:Lots a Mazel-- In February I just had my sons on top of a mountain in Tahoe (destination BMitz keeps the unwanted family members away). I keep my 86 33 Sportfish in Delray Beach and I'm in the process of rehabbing my 86 31 in Annapolis... I'm down in S FL every two weeks --Id love to pick your brain on the 31 at some point.
I'd be more then willing to meet you for a couple of cold ones or a cocktail or two and you can pick my brain on various issues but I don't own a B31... I own a B46... I'm here because there's no B46 sandbox...