Manuals for 1985 46'6" Bertram

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

Manuals for 1985 46'6" Bertram

Post by Navatech »

OK, I got lucky and found the main Bertram manual of my boat somewhere in the master state room... Under the mattress plate if you have to know... Got in there to cut out and replace some corroded bilge pump wire...

Now I'm looking for the following manuals:

1) Wiring Diagram Manual (Bertram p/n 14B8070)
2) Mechanical Systems Manual (Bertram p/n 07B8100)

Does anybody have a copy of these? A fee for the copying effort as well as a donation to the site... If you have a copy but can't spare the time, we can have it shipped to me and I'll do the copying... I will, of course, return the original... Shipping costs on me... Personal and site contributions would still apply

In lue of the above, any suggestions for sourcing these?!...
Navatech

Re: Manuals for 1985 46'6" Bertram

Post by Navatech »

Capt. Pat, I'm going to digitize my original... It's quite different from the one you have on the site... Possibly because yours refers to the motor yacht version of the 46 and mine refers to the convertible (a.k.a. sport fisher) version... Should I just email you the digitized version once it's done and you'll put it up with the other files?!...
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nav,

Yeah, just email it to me...

Many thanks!
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

CaptPatrick wrote:Nav,

Yeah, just email it to me...

Many thanks!
No thanks necessary... But one word of warning... This will take some time... I'm going to do two versions... One a purely image based scan and one with "live" text (I'll be running my OCR application on each page)... Both will be PDF format files...
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Not to highjack the post but I was the first to learn of Nav's (Eli) find because he took the time to have dinner with me in his visit to Puerto Rico. We had some mahi, calamari, shrimp and fish tacos, not to mention local beer and kick ass Mojito.

Eli is a very intuitive guy and with numerous stories. Time was our enemy. Just goes to show that this site kicks ass. Thanks Eli for you company and see you around next time you visit.

David
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

To be very honest, to the best of my knowledge, one couldn't find a better host in San Juan then David if one tried!...

Great guy!...

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting him again...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Called High Tide Marine, no luck... He doesn't have any manuals...

Managed to get past the "dead" home page of Bertram... They only have the manuals for the 46 motor yacht (and a newer version at that)...

If anybody knows somebody with a 46 Convertible (Sport Fisher), please check with them if they have these manuals... I only need to borrow them (if they're too busy to scan their originals)... Finder's fee, owner's fee and site donation are all acceptable (within reason)...
Kiffa
Standing Member

Post by Kiffa »

Hi Nav,

My cousin has a 46' sports fish, I will check him on the manual.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Kiffa wrote:Hi Nav,

My cousin has a 46' sports fish, I will check him on the manual.
Thanks!!! If it's an 84, 85 or 86 chances are it will be what I'm looking for. What really counts is the Bertram p/n and that's to be found on one of the first pages in the manual...
Gert van Leest

Post by Gert van Leest »

http://www.bertram.com/service.cfm#service

Hi vriend had je hier al gekeken ??

Gr Gert
Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Gert van Leest wrote:http://www.bertram.com/service.cfm#service

Hi vriend had je hier al gekeken ??

Gr Gert
Yes, I have looked there before... And all they have is for the newer Bertram 46 Motor Yacht version... It's better then nothing because some sections are the same but it's what it is for my purposes (i.e. incomplete)...
Kiffa
Standing Member

Post by Kiffa »

Hi Nav,

I am sorry for the late reply.
I could not scan the manuals, but took pictures at the highest quality, and then put hem on dropbox.
I hope they are clear enough, some of the electrical pages are hard to se even in person.
Let me know what you think, if this is not good enough, then I will go get them scanned for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2nbm5w4t3yxc ... SQx5a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f6xvlc0x00k5 ... W73-a?dl=0

Chris
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Kiffa wrote:I am sorry for the late reply.
Not a problem at all... These are EXACTLY the manuals I needed!!! Chris, at this point I'm ready to kiss (don't take that too literally) any part of your body :-)))
Kiffa wrote:I could not scan the manuals, but took pictures at the highest quality, and then put hem on dropbox. I hope they are clear enough, some of the electrical pages are hard to se even in person. Let me know what you think, if this is not good enough, then I will go get them scanned for you.
Honestly, these pictures probably cover 99.9% of my needs albeit possibly not exactly in the way I would like it to be... I like to have a searchable PDF version on my iPad as well as a hard copy (dead wood) bound copy on the boat... BUT, I like to do things all the way... Therefore, at risk of sounding greedy, I would very much prefer high resolution (600 DPI) scans... That way I can do a really good job on these for other owners out there...

Getting these manuals FedEx'ed from (and back to) St. Lucia (or most everywhere else where only "Express" is available - as opposed to "Ground") is going to cost me about $200.00-$250.00... I would say consider $250.00 as your total budget to be expended (at your choice) between scanning, your finder's fee and a donation to the site...

This site is AWESOME!!!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Just an observation... Back when my boat was launched the internet was something few even in Academia had heard of... IBM's XT and Apple's Macintosh were state of the art in personal/office computing... Networking computers was a black art... MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) was at version 1.5... I was still at school working on my BSc...

A FULL decade later (i.e. in 1995) uploading or downloading a 3mb file (the average size of these pictures) would have taken most people about 20 minutes for each file... Of course, most people back then didn't know what up/down loading even meant... Today it doesn't take 10 seconds on my connection...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

I just HAVE to thanks Chris again... He must have spent at least an hour and a half of his time to get this for me...

Chris,

There's just no way for me to express my appreciation for this... If you could do scanned high resolution (600 DPI) versions of these manuals that would be totally awesome and completely off the charts!!! If it's too much work, we can courier them to me (on my account) and I'll get it done...

This site ROCKS!!!

Capt. Pat, please note the following:
  1. The time setting on the server is wrong... The time stamps of when posts are posted is a few hours into the future... I noticed because I wanted to get an idea of how much time I spent on downloading, cleaning up and PDF file creation...
  2. Please use the links below to get a copy of these manuals for this site...
  3. With your permission I'm going to explicitly request (i.e. not require) that non-members who email me asking for high resolution versions make a donation to the sandbox...
  4. If Chris comes through with scanned copies of these manuals I will redo these files...
A low resolution PDF file (3.7 Mb) of the Mechanical Systems Manual (Bertram p/n 2007B8100) may be downloaded from here...

A low resolution PDF file (14.5 Mb) of the Wiring Diagram Manual (Bertram p/n 14B8070) may be downloaded from here...

High resolution PDF file versions of the above (254.8 Mb and 1.05 Gb respectively) and/or original images may be requested from me by PM or email...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

The time setting on the server is wrong... The time stamps of when posts are posted is a few hours into the future... I noticed because I wanted to get an idea of how much time I spent on downloading, cleaning up and PDF file creation...
Nav,

I think that what happens is that, initially, the system displays the local time stamp (in my case +7 hours). Some time later, it flips back to EST (or however else it's called).
That's what I've noticed so far with my time stamps.

PS: How can you "quote" a text from sb else that also includes their name on top ?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:How can you "quote" a text from sb else that also includes their name on top ?
Hit the quote button next to the post (right hand side)...
Kiffa
Standing Member

Post by Kiffa »

Hi Nav,

Don't mention it, it was a pleasure to help a faithful out.
Sorry for the late reply, I had to rush out to FL for the week.
I understand what you would like to do, and agree it would make life much easier.
Where are you located?
I will ask my cousin if I can borrow them again, I should be back in FL pretty soon, if its easier to send from there I will. You can then do your scanning and get it back to me before I leave. I think I should be there for about 7 days, will this be long enough?
On a side note one of the things I did whilst up there was to help out my friend who jus bough the Sea Horse from Lee.
The boat has tons of quality work done to it and should come back real nice. Lee and his father have been Stella to him and went above and beyond what he expected them to do.
We also took a look at another Bahia Mar in Dania, the Tom Cat, owned by a Caterpillar dealer. She is one of the nicest boats around. Everything is well thought out and lots of custom touches. With 3116 350 hp Cats she apparent sits down and runs very well.
Again Chad and his father took their Saturday afternoon to show us around her.
I think by owning or being affiliated with one of these boats you get to meet some of the best people in boating period.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Kiffa wrote:Don't mention it, it was a pleasure to help a faithful out.
We'll agree to disagree on that point... I know, among some people "being nice" was never part of their lexicon but I still believe in publicly thanking somebody who's gone out of their way for me... Whether it's a foot or a mile...
Kiffa wrote:Where are you located?
Miami Gardens...
Kiffa wrote:I will ask my cousin if I can borrow them again, I should be back in FL pretty soon, if its easier to send from there I will. You can then do your scanning and get it back to me before I leave. I think I should be there for about 7 days, will this be long enough?
Please do that... Assuming you're flying into FLL or MIA I could meet you right at the airport... The OCR part will actually take longer then the actual scanning but I can do that at a later stage... So yes, 7 days will certainly be enough...

And, if you're staying in the greater Miami Ft. Lauderdale area I'd be happy to give you aride from the airport if you need one... And, please allow me to buy you a couple of drinks...
Kiffa
Standing Member

Post by Kiffa »

Damn, if I only had known I would of brought them! For sure when I come back we can meet up. I usually spend my time staying with family in Lauderdale and Port St. Lucie so getting it to you will be easy.
Il give you a heads up before hand.
Nora

Post by Nora »

Hello all nora here, I know this is an old discussion but was wondering if anyone had access to this manuals. Especially the electrical/wiring one. Got myself a Bertram 46 from 87’ and is in dire need of electrical overhaul. If someone knows, help me find these. Thanks!
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

Ive got a complete set of manuals for my B42, not sure if its of any help to you, just let me know if it i,but i just searched on google "bertram Manuals" and two websites have the complete B46 maunuls with wiring diagrams