B 25 side window removal

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Shelldiver

B 25 side window removal

Post by Shelldiver »

Hey guys
I'm looking to replace the windows on my b25 project. Has anyone ever done this? What is the best way to proceed? Mine are still attached to orig alum frames.

Many thanks
Nick
Last edited by Shelldiver on Sep 6th, '13, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Re: B 25 window removal

Post by MarkS »

Are you talking about the front windows or the side windows, or both?
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Shelldiver

Re: B 25 side window removal

Post by Shelldiver »

Side windows actually. I think the front ones screw out. there aere some screws under the cap but mine are super rusty. i figured they hold the track in but, was hoping there was a secret handshake....
Thanks Mark
spencer

Post by spencer »

I have removed my starboard side rear window, had to lift the windowup in the track and then pull the bottom out. It was a bitch to do.
looked like they had been replaced before so maybe the tolerances were off, but it can be done

I have to do my foward window on the port side, broke it with flying lead. Ill be doing it next week

when i was in the bahamas saw a lot of 25 especially in man-o-war . lot of repowers with outboards, they take the glass out and use esinglass with snaps to the frames low maitance, able to remove on nice days

Also got a ride on a 31 with twin outboards , apparently the owner of mangoes resturaunt in marsh harbour
thing felt good riding was powered with twin 250 carburated yamahas but went along well
Shelldiver

Post by Shelldiver »

I bet they make less noise too. Any pics of the eisen glass ?
Thanks spencer.
spencer

Post by spencer »

I do not , but they just followed the perimeter of the aluminum frame , one had them rolled up and them tied with a strap so they were still attached but resting in the up position.

the 25's there had notched transoms instead of brackets that I saw.
If i was going that route would do a slide on the top where it would slide in a track (aluminum) and then snap to the bottom, also would slightly be concerned about the front portion beieng sealed when you take waves that it will not come in the front portion of the window
Shelldiver

Post by Shelldiver »

Ok
I got it figured out. To remove u take the metal sliding handle and remove it, allowing u to remove black plastic tracks. This gives the window ability to "pop" out. Not sure if this is stock set up??

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

If yours are like mine I have two panels. The outer which is the forward pane is stationary and the inner which is the rear pane slides forward. If you get both panes in the center of the track you can slide the plastic track off the top of the inner pane and tilt it into the cabin and lift it out. You can then do the same with the outer pane. The forward outer pane may very well be glued into place with a few beads strategically located along the track. This may require light persuasion. Good luck.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage