66 Mustang Fastback

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

66 Mustang Fastback

Post by Bruce »

I got a ton of pics of cars the last 9 years, gotta get them organized between phones, laptops and cameras, here's a few pics

A few guys wanted some more detail of my build,

1. Dynacorn sheet metal for the new body, welded together on a body jig.
2. 2016 coyote 5.0L with 6R80 transmission.
3. TCI suspension with Ford 9" 4 link rear end, torque arm, frame connectors and track bar, coil over adjustable shocks . Custom driveshaft loop. 370:1 gear ratio
4. Ford performance engine wire harness and ECM, custom tuned to 560 wheel HP.
5. Wilwood disc brakes with electric assist power brakes(soon to be converted to hydroboost)
6. 17" American racing wheels and Bridgestone tires.
7. American auto wire body harness, digital Guard Dog push button and remote start and alarm, electric window regulators.
8. Custom leather interior done 2 shades of tan.
9. 1967 Corvette Goodwood green paint.
10. Dressed out trunk.
11. Vintage air ac system tucked out the passenger side inner fender panel to give more room under passenger dash.
Took two years to build.

Here are some pics of other cars I've done since getting out of boats.

LS6 70 chevelle convertible brand new sheetmetal at cars and coffee. Im the one with arms folded

69 camaro with with LSA ZL1 engine

Eleanor

A 32 Ford pickup
This one is kinda unique build.
Lady had a stock 32 pickup and wanted it a hot rod but not sticking out of the engine covers and stealthy.
Came up with a Ford ecoboost(turbo charged, 310hp) and auto trans out of a mustang.
The intercooler was a big box so it wouldn't fit inside hood so I got together with My fab guy at the time Andrew. I was putting air conditioning at the time in it, over kill for that tiny cab so I asked Andrew if he could weld me up an evaporator/inter cooler for the engine compartment.
He designed it and welded it up, I plumbed it and it ended up working great cooling the intake charge with AC cold air.
I got better pics on another phone Ill post later.

This is what I did when I quit boating, I went racing for two years...
How do you make a small fortune in racing.....Start with a large one. Thats me in the sun glasses watching Keven do a burnout.
Tony Meola

Re: 66 Mustang Fastback

Post by Tony Meola »

Bruce

That is some nice work.

As I got older I have become partial to old Mustangs. I still kick myself when in the early 80's I passed up a Shelby Mustang for $5,500 but back then I was worried more about making rent.

Looking at what you have done brings back a ton of memories. My father had a gas station, and we had some unique customers. Some of the Kids would really beef up those 60's muscle cars so they could race them.

A long time customer was an Ex Ford Exec and was always coming in with something unique that he built.

A good Customer and a friend of my Fathers for years was Hal LeRoy and old time Tap Dancer. He always had old Cars. He had a 42 Caddy that was so heavy, the lift would stop half way up, until the air compressor could build up pressure again. My father was the only one he would let work on them. His 39 ford was a really nice care, I always liked that one.

But Green Mustangs, they really are classic.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

My dad was an engineer for FORD who ran their advanced development lab in Blue Bell PA. He bought home all kinds of projects over the years. Retired when FORD closed the lab and was moving it to Michigan, Dad said no way.

I remember the baby blue 64 1/2 mustang he bought home for my mom. Wish I had that today.
One of the rewards he got from FORD was riding passenger in the pace car while the FORD kid drove in the INDY 500.

In the last 9 years I've done a bunch of Mustangs from stock to wild and crazy. My favorites are the 66 and 68 fastbacks and the 69 Mach One.

We have one for sale in house right now, 68 Shelby convertible but its non cobra jet. Glove box is signed by Carroll Shelby and the last owner..Charlie Sheen out of his collection. When we first got it in I had it fumigated for tiny farm animals just in case.
Another one I had a hand in building, a 66 convertible, all new like mine, roll bar, Coyote also but with a procharger, same suspension but with a wider drift front end.

A 68 coupe came in the other day for checkout, inline 6, very nice above the water line so to speak, but floor pans and frame rust which is typical on old stangs. It is owned by the family that started Academy Sports. They use it in parades.

The most popular car by far these days is a 70 Chevelle, restomod with LS, LT and LSA engines.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

That Charlie Sheen car is unique and will probably bring some money.

Can you imagine if that car could talk.

I believe most of the mid 60's fords had issues with frames rusting out. My mother had a 66 LTD that got passed on to my father when he bought my mother a new car. At some point, don't remember when, but my father drove his cars into the ground, he had to weld an I beem into the frame where it rusted through.

His favorite car and it was pretty cool car, was a 57 Oldsmobile Rocket 88. That car could move and it was a tank.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315