VPN for Netflix.

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MikeMilligan

VPN for Netflix.

Post by MikeMilligan »

Dear users of this wonderful forum. I need your help. I haven't been living in the US recently and I miss American TV shows very much. But unfortunately the only possible option is Netflix. But there are also problems. If you are outside the United States, you will not be able to watch TV. i need to use vpn. Someone uses VPN for Netflix? Can you tell what exactly this VPN is?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: VPN for Netflix.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I've never heard of it. Most VPN's are used for accessing private servers from remote locations. If Netflix has VPN access, they would have to make that information available to you.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mike

The VPN is so that they really can not track your usage. Basically any VPN will work.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mike -Try ExpressVPN or NordVPN. NordVPN is cheaper but not all servers or devices will work.
https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/expressv ... lix-heres/
https://support.nordvpn.com/General-inf ... ordVPN.htm

Tony - While there are many VPN options available, not many get past the Netflix checks.

Good luck!
Mark
1974 FBC - BERG1451M75A-315 “Old School” 1999 Cummins 6BTA 270hp
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mark

Interesting. I have been thinking about trying to cut the cable, which would require using Modro or Kodi. Not sure about it so have not moved on it yet. I know if I do then I need the VPN.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Mark

Post by Mark »

Tony,

I would like to do the same myself but you still need an internet connection and those options are limited. They ISPs have caught on too and upped their internet only prices to be almost as much as their package deals in most cases. Or at least by the time you add the streaming services to the internet fees, you are getting close. Now, if you are close enough to any of the big cities where you can install a digital antenna and get up to 50 or more over the air channels including sports on CBS, NBC, FOX, etc for free. Thats a good start. Then you can pick a couple of the cheaper streaming packages to keep cost down. I'm a bit too far I think so I haven tested the waters yet. Below is a link to a website where you can check what is available and what type of antenna you would need. Crazy to think that we would be better off going back to those old antenna days.

https://www.antennaweb.org

I think I saw something where the Modbro Add-on for Kodi has been taken down or it is hard to find a repository. You may want to look into that.

I think it is a good idea to run a VPN period. Some sites, like Netflix, won't let you connect though. It is definitely a good idea to use a VPN when using unsecured hotspots. Look at VPNs providers carefully. There are a ton out there and most do not work as the should and can expose you when you think you are protected.

Mark
1974 FBC - BERG1451M75A-315 “Old School” 1999 Cummins 6BTA 270hp
jasonbagley

Post by jasonbagley »

Whenever I travel outside the US I use either ExpressVPN or NordVPN for American TV shows. And if you ask me that in these two which one is the best?

Then I would say ExpressVPN because of it's features and performance. However, it is a bit expensive as compare to Nord but I think it's a valuable option. Also, I have hardly read anything negative about Express.

BTW, I am using Express since 2016 which I think is a long period now.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I use Nord when on an unsecure network for work.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31